The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Does anyone remember this trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
It's a blendo. I really wanto to say I got it from Magic Inc, but don't remember.

It's a large "silk" that you fold into a black bag. There are miniscule cloth tabs on two corners, one red and one black. A snap fastener holds them together.

I haven't touched this thing in over 20 years and don't remember the fold or the presentation. (Other silks go into bag?)

Any help would be appreciated. Just PM me.

Thanks,

Brody
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, just put the other silks in the bag and then open the bag up into the big silk. It was probably called the Bongo Blendo.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Brody:

It's been 30 years or so since I've handled one, but it sounds exactly like the Bongo Blendo that Richard has already mentioned.

Ron
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Called bag to silk, still sells pretty cheap from India.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Cheap....And BAD!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
Bongo Blendo sounds right. I agree with the BAD comment also. I just have a friend that would like to have it, and I have no instructions.

Thanks to all.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Brody,
I think I still have your email in my files. But drop me a line, I will see if I can find the original instructions.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Zanadu magic used to make a great one.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
502 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations,

I used the Zanadu Bag my first season out, using it as a ditch bag and then making everything "disappear." I liked it so much I got a second one as a spare in case I wore the first one out. Never did wear it out but I wouldn't part with either of them. A great utility item.

Joe Zeman aka
The Mage Ulysses
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Veteran user
Fresno, CA
306 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I remember having one back in the 70's . It was made by Suds, and was called "What's New". It was very well made. I wish I still had it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Does anyone remember this trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL