The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Keymaster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
I beleive WorldMagicStore is now back online.

Russell Leeds
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Sorry for the downtime folks
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Quote:
On 2010-03-01 07:46, ku7uk3 wrote:
I will say this is a great trick. A very practical routine that deserves a much higher price tag.

For reference, the keys are left uncut, so that you can actually go into a key-cutter and get them cut to match your own house keys. This makes them practical as well as being a magic trick!

While there are similarities with other effects, I believe this trick is different enough to warrant its own release, and I don't believe anyone truly has the right to claim any prop with a moving hole as there's alone to work with. Its an idea and cannot be credited to other people just because of a few similarities. Having said that, this is a much more practical and in-depth routine and is a real winner in my books.

Steve

P.S: It also does everything it says on the cover.

Steve,thanks for being a voice of reason on this issue.
Glenn
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
I have just had the keys cut, free of charge, at my local cobbler/key cutting shop and what a difference it makes, not only to the overall look but to the handling. It's well worth taking the time out to have done.
I am extremely pleased with the Keymaster props and the routining is very well explained on the DVD by Craig.
This is one I think I will be using for a long time to come.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Producer and Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Craig said you can't get keys without a hole in the head and therefore he had to have them specially made.

So either Paul or Craig are telling porkie pies. Come on, own up, who's the porkster?
Russell
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Russell
Andi where does Paul say he can get keys without holes in the head? I helped Craig put the Keymaster routines together and helped in having the keys manufactured and you can't, as far as myself and Craig are aware and we researched thoroughly, get a key without a hole in the head. The keys in the Keymaster set were specially made.

Russell Leeds
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Andi,

I have had the keys which came with 'Keymaster' cut...Not had replica's made!!
i.e. my Keymaster keys now have teeth cut into them , so look like everyday keys.
No porkies anywhere.
:)

Paul Mc.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Ah, I see.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you meant you'd had your own set made up.

That will teach me to look before I leap.

I think I'll get my set cut too.

Does it not cut into the hole which is on the shaft?

Andi
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1199 Posts

Profile of caigy
Hi Andi.

No, the cut is far enough away frome the hole and the key doesn't have any weak-spots. The guy who cut mine, took a lot of time searching through a box of old or mis-cut keys, to find the right size one to use as a template. I didn't have mine cut to fit any particular lock, just to look the part.
Go for it Andi, it makes a real difference.

Paul Mc.

www.psychicmentality.com
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Wouldn't be Great if the key that comes with "Masterkey" is match with the key that comes from Greg Wilson "Feakey" and also match with the key for Mark "Keyvolution"

that would make a perfect set for a walkaround and Close up set

hmmm.....now I must get back to the drawing board........to see how to make this come true

The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
After a bit of thought (and reading Paul Mc's post) I had mine cut yesterday. I did a quick 'I.O.U. to two £10 notes' trick for the keycutter first... after that he was happy to do all three for a total cost of £2! He did the grooves by the hole on the shaft with a hand file, as he did not want to risk going too near the hole.
I did try to upload a j-peg, but it wouldn't upload for some reason (150x134 pixels, under 8kb- any ideas?).

I have the gatekeeper routine pretty much sorted - it even passed the wife test who thought it was fun, magical and different. High praise indeed. I'll give it a try at my next strolling gig.
Charlie
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Gave another review in this thread...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=111&26
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2010-03-13 14:11, caigy wrote:
Andi,

I have had the keys which came with 'Keymaster' cut...Not had replica's made!!
i.e. my Keymaster keys now have teeth cut into them , so look like everyday keys.
No porkies anywhere.
:)

Paul Mc.

Quote:
On 2010-03-13 14:13, Andi Peters wrote:
Ah, I see.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you meant you'd had your own set made up.

That will teach me to look before I leap.

I think I'll get my set cut too.

Does it not cut into the hole which is on the shaft?

Andi

Guys Please don't get your keys cut or you will spoil a whole load of effects with the Keymaster 2 addon kit which consists of another 4 keys that compliment the existing set and also provide stand alone effects.
I obviously can't give much away as we are in the production stage.
Keys have been made but DVD is yet to be filmed.

If you alter your existing set you will not be able to do many of the transitions in Keymaster 2.

Best regards
Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Keymaster (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL