The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Force and reveal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

konradz
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of konradz
Hello,
I work at a software development company and I do a "trick of the day".
Today I was overall lazy and did a trick that shouldn't have gotten much reactions.
I set up a postponed email to my boss, riffle forced a card on him, and then mentally made an email show up on his inbox.
It blew him away.
But then he asked me if next week I could do the same trick.

I'm here for suggestions. How can I improve this trick? I don't want to do one exactly the same so just hoping I can brainstorm something better =P
It can be a commercial trick if you want.
BenSimon
View Profile
Regular user
Munich, Germany
137 Posts

Profile of BenSimon
I like the idea with the email!
Just go one step further. Take a little more spectacular force and a little more spectacular reveal.

Get a Jack of Hearts Svengali. Fairly "force" the JH on him. Have a Jack Heart call your boss who pretends to want to do business with him, just after the force. While he's on the phone with him show all cards to be JH Smile

Just a silly idea.
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Actually Ben, that's a terrific silly idea!
BenSimon
View Profile
Regular user
Munich, Germany
137 Posts

Profile of BenSimon
Thanks, Brian.
I kind of messed up my post though when I wrote "more spectacular force". Dribble forcing from a Svengali deck to a layperson isn't probably any more spectacular than a riffle force. Initially I had written verbally force a card on him, but then I edited it again, when I had the idea of Mr Jack Heart.
RobertlewisIR
View Profile
Veteran user
Colorado
367 Posts

Profile of RobertlewisIR
I like the Jack Heart idea. Nice unique reveal.
~Bob

----------

Last night, I dreamed I ate the world's largest marshmallow. When I woke up, the pillow was gone.
Flamel
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Flamel
The e-mail is smart and suits the workplace really nicely, I can see why it would get a good reaction. Well done Konradz.
dmueller
View Profile
Loyal user
Central Illinois
227 Posts

Profile of dmueller
I love it.

Let me take it a step further. Sometime when the boss is out of the office, sneak in and take a self shot holding whatever card you plan on forcing, while you are sitting behind his desk. Attach that photo to the "mental email". It may or may not be feasible, but its an idea.
blva888
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of blva888
Mail a letter to your boss with instructions not to be opened until whenever.
Mr. Oops

The Worlds Greatest(?)

Magician

www.mromagicshow.com
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Get a t-shirt printed up with the card on it, and open up your shirt for the reveal? Or a henna/temporary tattoo on your arm, rolling up your sleeve...

If you're not particularly bothered about the idea of using playing cards per se, and you know the Svengali principle, you could make up a stack of business cards, with various things written or drawn on them, and set it up to force a certain thing, so that the whole stack and force card is "themed" - ie) somewhat germane to your locality, profession, etc., or something that might even be a bit of an in-joke with your colleagues.

I have had some great reactions by using this home-made Svengali deck principle with that kind of "personal touch".
Mysterious Mike
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
258 Posts

Profile of Mysterious Mike
Quote:
On 2010-02-11 13:57, konradz wrote:
Hello,
I work at a software development company and I do a "trick of the day".
Today I was overall lazy and did a trick that shouldn't have gotten much reactions.
I set up a postponed email to my boss, riffle forced a card on him, and then mentally made an email show up on his inbox.
It blew him away.
But then he asked me if next week I could do the same trick.

I'm here for suggestions. How can I improve this trick? I don't want to do one exactly the same so just hoping I can brainstorm something better =P
It can be a commercial trick if you want.

This email effect is such a cool idea. Very simple, very effective, and very magical!! Thanks for sharing this!
The performance is what really makes it all worth while.
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
That is a great idea using email something that everyone nowadays uses and it would get great reactions with the workplace folks. I also like the idea above with the pic. in the bosses chair and having someone call with the name. Is there a way you could change his mouse pointer to the chosen card? just an idea...Sean.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Force and reveal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL