The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impossible CD prediction Tom Yurasits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
DavidCaserta
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of DavidCaserta
I had a chance to see a prototype of this new effect. You can now do the same prediction that used to use a cassette tape, but instead, your prediction is on a CD. Tom has been working on this for well over 5 years trying to make this possible. After numerous attempts, I believe he has found the most practical/deceptive solution. The spectator can even stop, rewind, pause, fast forward the CD while it is playing the prediction. After it has played, the spectator can eject the CD and take it home to listen to it.

I'm not sure when this will be available. I think plans are to have it out any day now.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4449 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Sounds very interesting, I have been working on the same effect for about 3 years on and off. I have spoken to and worked a bit with some top Magic companies on it, and also spoken to various technology companies and students about this effect. I have never managed to come up with a complete and 100% working prototype, something would always hamper the final effect, I gave up on the effect a couple months ago in fact after never managing to get there, so am not a little excited that there is a solution, just saddened I couldn't get there myself Smile
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
897 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Are there any reviews on it yet?
sounds really intersting!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2985 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This does look great - the only problem I would expect would be spectators' skepticism that the prediction is really coming from the CD. If this came out five years ago, that probably wouldn't have been an issue, but now sound and music are usually delivered via computer files, and everyone knows how CD burners work.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
897 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
They can keep the cd as a souvenir if I've read it right
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
I was just with Tom last night. This is by far the most effective recorded prediction ever out there. I watched him perform this at least 5 times now.
Tom is a genius, I'm so jealous of his creative mind.
Here's what happened at one of Toms show:
Tom mailed out a cd in a sealed envelope to a client a week before the superbowl.
Right after the Superbowl the client opened the envelope and put the cd in a cd player. It was Toms voice predicting the score and mvp player , who won the coin toss, etc... After the prediction the spectator opens the cd player and KEEPS the cd.

It is truly amazing to see it.

Todd

FYI: Tom invented a DVD prediction as well
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3729 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Used to LOVE my Ultimate Cassette Prediction I got from Wireless Wizardry, but sold it when cassettes became "old school". Always wished somebody would do this with a CD. Can't wait. Thought about investing in an 8-track prediction system, but gave up on that.

Steve
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1180 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
This project looks very promising, only.... I wished the trick was there for sale at the moment of the first post.
I hope this is not a hype for nothing what happens more and more.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9510 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I too would be interested in both the cd and dvd versions. Tom offers great customer service and in my past dealings with him with the cassette version he was most helpful and gave 100% service and support. Way to go Tom, put me on your mailing list!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2985 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 16:25, Waterloophai wrote:
This project looks very promising, only.... I wished the trick was there for sale at the moment of the first post.
I hope this is not a hype for nothing what happens more and more.

It's already for sale at Hocus-Pocus.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
DavidCaserta
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of DavidCaserta
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 18:26, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
This does look great - the only problem I would expect would be spectators' skepticism that the prediction is really coming from the CD. If this came out five years ago, that probably wouldn't have been an issue, but now sound and music are usually delivered via computer files, and everyone knows how CD burners work.

The prediction is really coming from the CD. As I mentioned, the spectator can even pause the prediction and play it again at any time during playback. Instructional DVD is being shot and edited now.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Sometime ago I saw a CD prediction release for only $360. What's the difference between this one and that one?
DavidCaserta
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of DavidCaserta
Quote:
On 2010-02-18 15:46, ReviewerMaster wrote:
Sometime ago I saw a CD prediction release for only $360. What's the difference between this one and that one?

Just finished shooting the instruction DVD. They are shipping very soon

I never heard of another cd prediction available
who made it
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
I just can't decide if these are too 'techy' these days, I'd just hate the audience to walk away saying..........oh will it must be some sort of technical thingy ma bob.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1180 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-02-18 15:46, ReviewerMaster wrote:

It would be intresting to have a link or more information about what you saw. So we can compare.
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Birdsboro, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I also can attest to the fact that this is the real deal - I have seen Tom do it a number of times and Tom has kindly gone over how it works - I am picking mine up directly from Tom this Monday.

Repeat - Magician never has to touch anything - spec open envelope; spec can put CD in player; spec can hit pause, stop FF, etc. spec can take CD out of player; Spec then can take CD home with them and play it on their own player.

As TKO says Tom is a genuis.

Mike
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
I was going through my email inbox this morning and saw the ad email again, was in a rush and couldn't find time to post it here. I'll try to dig it up for the Café members. I think the ad first came out about half a year go. If my memory serves me right, the one that I saw pretty much does the same things. Magician never has to touch anything, spec open envelope, puts CD in player. spec can hit pause, stop FF, etc. spec can take CD out of player; Spec then can take CD home with them and play it on their own player. I remember it is in the mid $300 range. I don't own one, but the function surely sounds a lot like this one.

Heins
DavidCaserta
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of DavidCaserta
Instruction demo dvd is finished and these are now shipping.
I posted this as someone who saw a prototype of this prediction years ago and witnessed the numerous versions that preceded this one. Tom has spent a lot of time and money developing what I believe to be the best solution.
Please don't PM me for more info. I am not the creator of this.
For more info. contact:

http://www.tomyurasitsproductions.com
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
I doubt anyone could come up with a satisfactory CD Prediction involving no switching of the sent CD for some 360 $.
Tom is certainly a rare developers of great technology, and not only that, like Cesaral Magic, Labco, Craig Filicetti, Taylor Imagineering, Jam Magic,Bob Kohler and Dean Dill one of the too few in this business that really stand behind their products. He will answer your mail immediately and can also be reached over the phone. I am in the process of deciding whether I should ad this prop to the Cesaral Cassette Prediction I have been using with great success. The Cesaral unit is unique on the market with very advanced features nobody else has ever offered: it will predict a genuinly non-forced choice of cards and the position the spec will put the Jam Magic die or a card in the Jam Magic Card Easel. But you must be prepared to pay more than twice Tom's price for those features. There are no boomboxes that can burn a CD, so the system Tom uses must be different from his as well as that of other Cassette Predictions. (I aslo have the Jam Magic Cassette Prediction which is no more available) But Tom came up with several methods to correctly predict choices done by the spec just before putting the CD into the player when I mailed him on this issue. The prediction process with a CD is not as traight forward as with Cassette Players, but with the Cassette you cannot stop and restart the player during the performance which you can with Tom's system. I am always confronted with the problem that the specs do not remember my correct prediction of the Dow Jones as the cassette cannot be stopped in the middle of the prediction. I will keep you posted and write a review in case I decide to buy the item.
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1180 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 11:30, Kaarlo von Freymann wrote:
He will answer your mail immediately and can also be reached over the phone.

I can confirm that. I sent an email and a few hours later, I got a very extensive and to the point answer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impossible CD prediction Tom Yurasits (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL