The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impossible CD prediction Tom Yurasits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
I have had a long conversation today with Tom - in that wonderful old fashioned way we have the American Graham Bell to thank for. The information I got convinced me Tom not only has succeeded in overcoming the inherent difficulties a CD poses contrary to a cassette based system, but also convinced me that his reputation as one of the relative rare in this business, who you immediately have confindence in, is well deserved. I immediately placed an order. When the unit arrives I will post a review, which I feel I should be able to do objectively as I did buy both the Jam Magic (normal capabilites) and the Cesaral player with capabilitie far beyond any other units on the market. For reasons I feel I cannot reveal you must bear in mind that the CD system has some limitations, but compensates that with a feature not available on cassette systems: the possibility to stop and go while playing the prediction. Anyone having worked with a cassette system will immediately appreciate this is an extremely valuable feature.
We all know good quality boom boxes can be bought for less than 100 $, but to develop the design and then alter a player to work as a prediction tool is a very time consuming endeavor so I definitely feel Tom's price is adequate.

Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
CesaralM
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of CesaralM
Thanks Kaarlo for your posts. I am very glad that you are the owner of such a unique "Cesaral Prediction Player"; because you use it a lot, you are a great performer, and you always get the most out of it...

I have a lot of fun doing unique items for top magicians all around the world; so if you really want a unique cassette prediction player (or whatever), email me at cesaral@cesaral.com.

I hope this helps!

Cesar Alonso (Cesaral Magic)
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
In my opinion Tom's cd prediction is better than any prediction player out there. For one simple reason it's a CD PLAYER. The client takes the signed CD home with them and can play it on there cd player. Who in the world today still has a cassette player? Not many. I started using mine to predict a card trick I do on stage. The audience sit there like a deer in headlights.
I own the Cesaral Prediction Player and used to own Toms cassette player prediction, this is by far the one you want to used for todays time.
Heck a cassette looks like an 8 track to us now.

Hey Rev Mike I heard you bought one?
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Correction , I meant I own the Impossible prediction by Yurasits and I also own The impossible Cassette Prediction. Not Cesaral. I also been told the guy who made the impossible cassette prediction is out of business, then again that could be wrong info given to me again.
Anywho, the CD prediction is one of a kind
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
I need to know about the limitations before I can make an informed decision.
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
I just got off the phone and Tom ask me to post this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y208Us3GoHM
It's a quick version of what actually happens
ziggystarsane
View Profile
New user
Melbourne - Australia
92 Posts

Profile of ziggystarsane
Quote:
On 2010-03-02 09:54, TKO MAGIC wrote:
In my opinion Tom's cd prediction is better than any prediction player out there. For one simple reason it's a CD PLAYER. The client takes the signed CD home with them and can play it on there cd player. Who in the world today still has a cassette player? Not many. I started using mine to predict a card trick I do on stage. The audience sit there like a deer in headlights.
I own the Cesaral Prediction Player and used to own Toms cassette player prediction, this is by far the one you want to used for todays time.
Heck a cassette looks like an 8 track to us now.

Hey Rev Mike I heard you bought one?


I think it looks great however I also feel that had this have been released a decade or so ago it would have been far more effective.

As much as a cassette looks like an 8 track to us now, a CD is also unfortunately starting to go down the same path.

The simple fact is that the general public are far more tech savvy then they were in the past, (I-Phones etc can do some pretty extraordinary things!).

I maybe wrong and I really hope I am, but it dose lead me to believe that some lay people will easily discover the method of this effect if they decide to really think about it enough.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Very cool idea and the price isn't too bad either. But, the ad copy states you need a computer to burn the CD. If the CD-Player isn't burning CD's on the fly, then what is the point of $700? If he means that you need a CD-Player to burn SOMETHING to give to your client then day of the performance you re-write over the information with the CD-Player...okay. But, then what's the need for a computer? Just have them sign a blank CD.


Ad-copy in question:

"*Need a computer capable of burning cd's"
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
I am really interested in the one that's priced less than half of this one... if they apparently do the same thing. Anyone who knows where I can locate the other version?

Huss
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
I been looking for a long time (years) for a cd prediction and I couldn't find one, so good luck.
No audience member will figure it out either, heck I got the first one that Tom made and to this date magicians are puzzled on how it works. Now mind you magicians soon are going to find out because more and more are being sold.
Huss , I hope everyone takes your view because I'll be one of the few to have one. And it kills
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3043 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 00:28, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Very cool idea and the price isn't too bad either. But, the ad copy states you need a computer to burn the CD. If the CD-Player isn't burning CD's on the fly, then what is the point of $700? If he means that you need a CD-Player to burn SOMETHING to give to your client then day of the performance you re-write over the information with the CD-Player...okay. But, then what's the need for a computer? Just have them sign a blank CD.


Ad-copy in question:

"*Need a computer capable of burning cd's"


Without getting into methodology, to my understanding, this does not "burn CDs on the fly." You would need to burn your prediction CD in advance of the presentation. So, this device is suited to more of a 'CD mailed in advance' headline prediction effect, rather than a recap of occurrences during a show.
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
In some of my shows I make a recap of two tricks and the volunteers names that I use.
I been having a blast with this.
I think most of you guys that pm forget that the magician never touches the cd from the time he mails it or hands it out before the show

I hope this helps
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 12:01, Eric Samuels wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 00:28, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Very cool idea and the price isn't too bad either. But, the ad copy states you need a computer to burn the CD. If the CD-Player isn't burning CD's on the fly, then what is the point of $700? If he means that you need a CD-Player to burn SOMETHING to give to your client then day of the performance you re-write over the information with the CD-Player...okay. But, then what's the need for a computer? Just have them sign a blank CD.


Ad-copy in question:

"*Need a computer capable of burning cd's"


Without getting into methodology, to my understanding, this does not "burn CDs on the fly." You would need to burn your prediction CD in advance of the presentation. So, this device is suited to more of a 'CD mailed in advance' headline prediction effect, rather than a recap of occurrences during a show.


The prediction CD was signed w/ a Sharpie by the client before the date of the performance. So the original CD HAS to be burned again during performance when you put it inside the tray. Because, the ad copy states you can give away the CD right after. Not 20 minutes later when you burn a copy on your laptop, behind the curtain..

I am assuming that you do not steal the CD out of the envelope when you give it to your client for safe keeping. Because, if you do that, why spend $700?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Again, the client opens the dbl sealed envelope. The client puts the signed cd in the boom box. The client takes out the signed cd. He can play it on his way home in his car if he wants. You the magician never touched it
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
Again, the client opens the dbl sealed envelope. The client puts the signed cd in the boom box. The client takes out the signed cd. He can play it on his way home in his car if he wants. You the magician never touched it
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
In some of my shows I make a recap of two tricks and the volunteers names that I use.
I been having a blast with this.
I think most of you guys that pm forget that the magician never touches the cd from the time he mails it or hands it out before the show

I hope this helps
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
I been looking for a long time (years) for a cd prediction and I couldn't find one, so good luck.
No audience member will figure it out either, heck I got the first one that Tom made and to this date magicians are puzzled on how it works. Now mind you magicians soon are going to find out because more and more are being sold.
Huss , I hope everyone takes your view because I'll be one of the few to have one. And it kills
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
I've received many PMs about the $350 model. I found the link from my email. Here it is.

http://www.smproductionz.com/privateoffer/

I think this item is not listed as a public product. They have no link to this item from their site. Just direct URL from the email to their subscriber.

Heins
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2986 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2010-03-03 20:06, ReviewerMaster wrote:
I've received many PMs about the $350 model. I found the link from my email. Here it is.

http://www.smproductionz.com/privateoffer/

I think this item is not listed as a public product. They have no link to this item from their site. Just direct URL from the email to their subscriber.

Heins


Thanks for the link. I wonder if one key difference is that the spectator can't put the CD in the player him/herself - the ad copy merely states, "The CD is placed into the CD player."
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
I wish I could've bought this for $360 when it first came out.
But Will even says if he sold it on the market it would be worth $850 or more because of the time and cost it takes to make one.
1. Will states "I've decided to keep this unit available only to the private group of members that support me throughout the years at only half of the price that we initially planned if we were going to make it available to the public. Only $359.95."

2. Max, I was thinking the same thing. Can the spec put the cd in or does the magician.

3.Also is the cd signed and dated?

4. the only thing I don't understand is why Will is still selling his Cassette player for $2500 and also being a limited amount but he's not advertising the cd prediction. And why does the cassette cost 7 times more?

So I guess after reading everything I'm probably safer buying Toms for $695
It's cheaper than will's cd prediction if he sold it on the market and Tom clearly states what his does.
But congrats to both Will and Tom for inventing something I been waiting for such a long time.

ps. I have a show tonight and will be using Toms cd prediction. But I didn't mail anything to the client in advance. I'll be predicting two tricks of the show. I'll let you guys know how it went.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Impossible CD prediction Tom Yurasits (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL