We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mad Hatter's Hat Project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Worked on the table this weekend.
Very pleased with the results.
Except for a few modifications the table workings worked the way I envisioned them to.

Dan
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Is the rabbit going to be jettisoned out of the hat? Smile
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
The stuffed rabbit will be delivered to just below the brim of the hat.
A foot switch will trigger sound effects, smoke and strobe from within the hat.

Dan
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
So anymore updates or pictures?
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Have been working hard on the table. Made lots of progress this weekend. Went to about five different hardware stores today to buy, hopefully the last of the hardware needed.
Coin Nut
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Coin Nut
Looking forward to the seeing completed work.
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
I have some more pictures of the hat and table and will load them onto Photobucket tonight. I will put the pictures I think will not reveal the secret to this illusion up after they are loaded.

If any of you are curious of the workings of the table I can send you a link to the table pictures.

Dan
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
I've been concentrating on the table for a while now and neglected the hat. So far, the table works as planned with very little reworking needed.

Fiberglass Hat & Fabric

Dan
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
This project has been put on the back burner for a few months because of a couple family emergencies. I will start again this fall.

Dan
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Dan,

I was wondering. But, we all work at our own pace for our own reasons. Hope everything is ok with your family.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-03-13 18:13, Regan wrote:
Looking good Dan! Danielle is very lucky to have a father that can....and that is willing to build all these nice props for her!

Regan

I was going to say the same thing. A prop-master in the family, now there is a real blessing for any theatrically inclined youngster!

And I am somewhat amazed, btw, when you say this is a new kind of project for you because all the pictures look like they were done by an expert. I assume years of building other things must help when learning new techniques.
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
My wife's mother passes away last month, and my grandma passes from Alzheimer's last weekend. It's been a tough few months, but these things have a way of bringing together members of the family that haven't seen each other for years.

I learned a lot of what I know from watching, as a kid, my grandpa in his wood shop, who is now suffering from dementia. He was truly a master cabinet / furniture maker. My grandpa was always happy to help me with projects. We could have built some amazing magic effects if I would have caught the "magic bug" earlier in my life.

This small break in building this project is allowing me to step back and rethink the final steps of construction.

Dan
marD
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of marD
Dan,

I'm sorry to hear about your losses and hope that everything is well with your family. I have been following this thread with much interest. I have a desire to do what you're doing but no skill...lol.

Mike
At Ease Tees - Christian apparel and other items!
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-08-29 19:01, Zazz wrote:
My wife's mother passes away last month, and my grandma passes from Alzheimer's last weekend. It's been a tough few months, but these things have a way of bringing together members of the family that haven't seen each other for years.

Best wishes in this difficult time, Dan. Lots of emotions, and even potentially conflicting ones, are normal at a time like this. Especially if you've had to deal with the heart-ache of dementia leading up to it. If you'd like my wife the seminarian to add their names to her regular prayer list, please feel free to PM them to me.

It sounds like your grand-dad was a talented man. I'm sure he'd be very proud of your work now if he was capable of really understanding it.

JK
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Dan,

My condolences on your losses.

I agree with Cyberqat that your grandpa would be/is proud of your work.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Thank you.

Next time I am up-loading pictures, I will post a picture of a table my Grandpa built in high school and won first prize at the state fair.

Dan
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
817 Posts

Profile of lin
I'd enjoy seeing that. Smile

best wishes,

Lin
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Here are the photos of the table my Grandma and Grandpa gave me. I proudly display it in my living room.

The bottom of the table reads:
Roy Faria, 1938, 3rd year, Santa Rosa High

Grandpa's Map Table 1

Grandpa's Map Table 2

Grandpa's Map Table 3

Dan
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
817 Posts

Profile of lin
Wow! A piece to be proud of, for sure!

Thanks Smile

Lin
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
WOW! That is some amazing work!

I know what kinds of tools my Grandpa had available during that time period, which makes this work even more amazing. That must have taken him a long time.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mad Hatter's Hat Project (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL