We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mad Hatter's Hat Project (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Grandpa said he carved a state every day after school. He had a really good wood shop teacher, and they formed a wood carving club after school. This is one of the small projects he made and won awards during high school. He built a couple more larger tables with inlay, a dinning room table and chairs, and a hope chest with intricate rose carvings. All of this before he turned 18. He owned a cabinet shop for 45 years and had a great basement shop during his retirement years, and during those years, he built some truly amazing cabinets and furniture.

Dan
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
"Small projects" such as this are small in size only! What beautiful work!
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Cyberqat
View Profile
Inner circle
You can tell I work on the net from my
2210 Posts

Profile of Cyberqat
Quote:
On 2010-08-30 21:46, Zazz wrote:
Here are the photos of the table my Grandma and Grandpa gave me. I proudly display it in my living room.

Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
It is always darkest just before you are eaten by a grue.
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Started working on the hat again today. Made a nice spring hinge from a 10 inch piano hinge.
Installed the aluminum hat brim to the hat. Right now the brim is perfectly flat. I want it to curve up on either side to give the hat some shape. I'm nervous to do this because I have a lot of time into it and I don't want to ruin it. I'm thinking of bending it around a 2 inch pipe. Guess I'll practice on some scraps. Anyone have experience with bending 1/8" sheet aluminum? Will heating it help?

Dan
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Any updates?
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
No updates since the last post.
I put the Hat on the back burner while I built the Queen of Hearts Illusion as per my wife's orders -
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=26&18

I have been brainstorming on a walk-through-mirror illusion that I will build after the Hat. As I have time during the holiday season I will resume this project and post pictures as I take them.

Dan
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Anxiously awaiting photos of your finished product...

Beautiful job on the QH card prop.
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Thanks for inquiring.
I have quite a few great photos of this project, but they are of the inner workings of the hat and the table and I don't think I should post them.
This project is not complete yet. I am busy rebuilding my family room but I am constantly thinking of ways to improve on this project.

Dan
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
Here are a few pictures of the hat with aluminum hat brim attached.

Hat with Brim 1

Hat with Brim 2

Dan
Gary Shelton
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Gary Shelton
Zazz Adopt me PLEASE
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
I would like to win a trip to Disneyland to get reinspired to finish this project.

Please help to send me and my family there. Follow this link and vote on the two steps:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=32&4

Thanks,
Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Mad Hatter's Hat Project (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL