The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » THE FLY by R. Paul Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Here's a video demo of THE FLY Smile Available by email from joeporper@hotmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sXILkZOF34
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3195 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Very nice.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
Jeff O
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of Jeff O
Pretty smooth looking stuff!
I Really like the appear in his right hand at 37 seconds
afknight
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of afknight
Pretty cool, very smooth as is typical of all of Paul's coin work .. just have to decide if I send that email to Joe Porper...
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3195 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Cost?
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
magicjackson
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicjackson
Very nice!
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Beautiful handling that I hadn't seen before. And his new look is sharp too!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pep... I knew you'd like R. Paul's new hair style... Joke was he went to Dean Dill for a haircut and Dean got carried away...

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 2:21am
Rizzo... you have to email joeporper@hotmail.com to get a quote. Is not low cost... takes a major amount of Morgan Dollars to make the two sets.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
It originally went for ~$600 in 2008.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2727 Posts

Profile of Tom G
If you do a search, there was a thread or two with discussion and reviews when this came out.
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
309 Posts

Profile of lithyem
It's a marvel of engineering for sure. I bought a set from Joe about 6-7 mos ago but didn't love it myself. Certainly a cool effect in Pauls hands tho!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Lithyem... have you given it enough practice?
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
It looks OK on the video, wondering how good the coins look up close. Are they wafer looking? Not at all crazy about the last coin going either, that last clean up move looks fishy as heck to me.

Right now I'm working on Ponta's winged silver routine. Give me one extra ungaffed coin and I can almost show you something that looks like real magic...for about $500 less.

The 3 fly plot has been beaten to death. I'm tired of seeing it. The U3F still reigns supreme, if you ask me, for a gimmicked version. In that routine you get clean shows throughout...and the coins can be examined at beginning and end. That's a major advantage over this routine and coins.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27122 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Poly*, how did you come to believe having only one gaff is more useful than having several?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
lithyem
View Profile
Veteran user
San Diego, CA
309 Posts

Profile of lithyem
Hi Pete, it wasn't the effect that I didn't care for it was the gimmick itself. Just not something I'd be comfortable working with. To be honest I got a few duds as well which Joe sent replacements for, and when all was said and done I simply was not happy with the coins. PM me for more information - I'll not explain on a public forum the issues that I had with it all.
t
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1110 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Hey Pete, thanks for providing the link to the demo. Beautiful routine! The idea that all three coins travel without the hands coming together is truly magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » THE FLY by R. Paul Wilson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL