The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Please give opinions on Jay Sankey's "Absolute Coin Vanish" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Hi Guys

Another quick coin questions for you.

Has anyone ordered Jay Sankey's Absolute Coin Vanish download. If so what are your thoughts on this? Is it good etc. It looks similar to a vanish Bobos' MCM books, However, it looks very clean and the coin can be signed, suggesting it is a different Vanish all together.

I'd really appreciate your thoughts on this one. A clip can be found here. http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48174

Many thanks.
phread
View Profile
Elite user
md
486 Posts

Profile of phread
I like it...I feel it something I can work into what I do now. It is different from bobo...
Deckless Wonder
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8428 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice!, Now that's my kind of magic from a really creative guy in Sankey...Man's a genius! Smile

It doesn't seem too much of a challenge...You should get it, seems like fun as most of Sankey's stuff always is. Smile
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Jay Sankey is probably the most creative coin man out there. He doesn't do just coins... but he's extremely creative. If you can think outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, and like doing tricks in front of people all the time, you'll love his stuff.
Looking for a coin?
A coin holder or accessory?
THE COIN MAGICIAN'S RESOURCE:
The Magician's Coin
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10608 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I would have tos ee more than that quick clip his hand goes out of frame
vinnyh
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Thanks fort your feedback guys, it's most appreciated. I've just purchased it and am waiting for it finish downloading. I'll let you know my opinion once I've watched it and practised it for a while.

Posted: Feb 15, 2010 5:25pm
Hi Guys

I've just finished watching and I have to say this is really good. (Mr Sankeys back on form definitely)It is obvious it has been influenced by a move in Bobo's but has been been taken up a few gears opening up lots of possibilities. Just add a bit of your imagination and your good to go.

I would say that this 100% worth $4.99. The video is about 12 mins long and there is a bit About 2 mins long when you think on no, but is is so important that you watch beyond this point, as that is when the creative part of the vanish and some of it's possibilities come to light.
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Sankey's downloads all have great value! I downloaded a trick called "immaculate deception" a ring thru can effect. it's great! And cheap, unfortunately though after I my computer crashed I lost the video/data.
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:
On 2010-02-15 17:25, truesoldier wrote:
Hi Guys

I've just finished watching and I have to say this is really good. (Mr Sankeys back on form definitely)It is obvious it has been influenced by a move in Bobo's but has been been taken up a few gears opening up lots of possibilities. Just add a bit of your imagination and your good to go.

Can you use a half dollar size coin? JSankey is using a small coin in the promotion video clip.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Yep you can use any coin from anywhere in the world
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Unfortunately, the video is a lie. Other than that, is a poor performance of a move from Bobo's. Note the hesitation or "bump".

By "lie", I mean they have not let you see the full performance and have left stuff out.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6902 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Kirk, that's not really correct. The video only leaves out one thing which, IMHO, is not that important. What he shows you, very clearly, is the vanish, which is the important part.

This is a very clever application of a few different principles strung together. One aspect totally fooled me which is why I bought the download. I thought it was quite good!
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
I downloaded it and as far as I can see he does not show you how the signed coin gets underneath the ashtray.
His hands come nowhere near the ashtray.
If so will someone PM me and tell me what I missed.

Thank you,
magiclee
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6902 Posts

Did you watch it all the way through? He comes back after you think it's over to show the signed coin thing.
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 15:29, Cameron Francis wrote:
Kirk, that's not really correct. The video only leaves out one thing which, IMHO, is not that important. What he shows you, very clearly, is the vanish, which is the important part.

This is a very clever application of a few different principles strung together. One aspect totally fooled me which is why I bought the download. I thought it was quite good!

Well put Cameron, that's what I was trying to get across in my earlier post. LOL, lets not force anyone to buy this, in-fact lets not hype it up, even to those who have bought it but haven't watched it properly.

I think we both agree that this is a very clever take of various applications based on a move in Bobo's, The concept really gets your creative juices flowing, so the less people doing it the better. (Besides I don't want the masked magician exposing this baby)
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
I watched it all the way through, and he did not go anywhere near the ashtray.
He explained how it could be done, but he did not pick up the ashtray or go near it in the demo or the explanation.

magiclee
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
925 Posts

Profile of Aus
I have downloaded it and yes it is the same in respect to the handling in Bobo's book but Jay adds one element to it that makes it even better. Well worth the price and highly recommanded.

Magically

Aus
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6902 Posts

But he does explain how to load under objects. He uses a bill, but... I mean, it's the same thing. I didn't feel any further explanation was necessary.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
Although late, I wanted to clarify/add to what I posted on another thread about Jays "absolute coin vanish"

- the vanish is as it appears (no cut-aways used in the demo of the vanish)

- As Cameron posted, Jay does explain how to load objects in various ways (but the demo doesn't show this part)

- some have mentioned that a similar vanish is in Bobo (I haven't found it, yet a page number would be appreciated)

- A similar vanish is also taught in Korem without Limits p5 (but Sankey's method is an improvement on this)

Since I don't think Jay is selling this on its own any more, I realize that this may all be academic.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Please give opinions on Jay Sankey's "Absolute Coin Vanish" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL