The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Harry Lorayne - Magic Square (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Harry rocks!! Smile
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Yes, truly great. This has spurred me on to finally learn the Memory Magic Square...

R
oscarf
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of oscarf
Quote:
On 2010-02-18 07:31, Robmonster wrote:
Yes, truly great. This has spurred me on to finally learn the Memory Magic Square...

R

It takes a day to learn and about a week of performing it to feel confident in it, it seems to me. But, most people are just stunned by it. In fact, when I first learned it, decades ago, I amazed myself with it! Smile

Also, I just last week ordered and received Harry's memory stuff. In spite of the effectiveness of the MMS techniques, I never took any of it any further in the past.

But, now that my memory is deteriorating with age, I feel that I owe it the same kind of workout I give my body in the gym, and it's working!

Never a bad idea to try to beat back the clock a little!
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8486 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I hope one of the items you ordered was AGELESS MEMORY (Simple Secrets for Keeping Your Brain Young). Same basic systems, but geared to people with my color hair! Anyone interested, go to my magic website - third one listed under this post - and click on Memory Products, etc. Best - HARRY L.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
oscarf
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of oscarf
Quote:
On 2010-02-18 10:20, Harry Lorayne wrote:
I hope one of the items you ordered was AGELESS MEMORY (Simple Secrets for Keeping Your Brain Young). Same basic systems, but geared to people with my color hair! Anyone interested, go to my magic website - third one listed under this post - and click on Memory Products, etc. Best - HARRY L.

Nope, but I did now. I have to wait another few years to fully achieve your hair color, but I'm getting there rapidly. The beard had made it all the way. But no time like the present to build the memory muscle!
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Quote:
On 2010-02-18 10:20, Harry Lorayne wrote:
I hope one of the items you ordered was AGELESS MEMORY ...
Best - HARRY L.

I just received my copy! And for the 1st time I'm preparing to conquer a memorized stack!

Thanks Harry!
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Hey Harry,

I'm just curious. Where and when was that video shot?

Rocky

PS I met you at Tannen's one Saturday afternoon almost 20 years ago. You signed one of your books at my request and you joked that you had signed so many that the ones without your signature were actually worth more!
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1432 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
A piece of chalk, a blackboard, and a legend = 10 minutes of pure entertainment.

Thanks for sharing Harry!
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Wow..
that was really entertaining

well done Harry!!
nbl
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of nbl
Hi... I am sorry I am late... But I really want t see the video. Unfortunately the video shows as private.
Can someone post another link please or tell me how to seethe video
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
I second the motion. I hope whoever holds the key will unlock it for us. I don't even remember watching it the first time around.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I'd like to see the video too.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
minuscule
View Profile
New user
France
28 Posts

Profile of minuscule
Hello,

Is Lorayne the creator of this method? I can not find an older source.

Thanks
Minus
Geoff Pfeiffer
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
88 Posts

Profile of Geoff Pfeiffer
Here is a link to the YouTube video of Harry's magic square.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=anHoo5Lw224
Max Hazy
View Profile
Special user
541 Posts

Profile of Max Hazy
Thank you Geoff! That was an awesome performance!!

There were 2 squares that were not pointed out (the 2x2 on the center top, and 2x2 on center bottom) and I'm not sure if Mr. Lorayne did it on purpose for the sake of consistency (cuz the left and right 2x2 centers will not add to the total) or if he "forgot" it (I know, this is blasphemy... please don't set me on fire...). XD

Seriously now, you can see how an mathematical piece can be entertaining and engaging right here. People who say this type of mental feat is boring could learn a lesson or two with this video. This is one of my favorite effects. I always do this with some kind of divination and/or with a meaningful number (like a the birth date of the participant).

Again, absolutely awesome performance!!

Max Hazy
"Your method is in my opinion the very best way to do Q&A"
Millard Longman

"Max has pushed some less known and seldom used principles a huge step forward"
Jan Forster

Arcane Grimoires Vol 1- http://www.maxhazy.com/arcane-grimoires/apocryphal-reach/

Arcane Grimoires Vol 2- http://www.maxhazy.com/Codex-Mentis/
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
496 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
I learned Harry's particular square (the exact same one used in the video above) from one of his books over 30 years ago and I still perform it to this day.

I rarely run across a lay audience that has seen it before, even today.

Sometimes I use it as an opener for my stage shows, and sometimes it's a closer. It never fails to get fantastic reactions, and almost always generates genuine, spontaneous applause.

A large piece of foamboard, a magic marker, and plenty of showmanship and it's a real crowdpleaser.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
There's a no memory required method in Apocalypse
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of Djin
Even in this age when anyone can look up "magic square" on their smart phone, this still amazes people. For whatever reason, they don't seem to look it up.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, Djin wrote:
Even in this age when anyone can look up "magic square" on their smart phone, this still amazes people. For whatever reason, they don't seem to look it up.

Keep in mind the magic square that Lorayne creates is not what people will find on their phone. He doesn't use the common 1-16 method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Harry Lorayne - Magic Square (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL