The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Pre folding a bill for the bill switch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Hey all - I know when performing the $100 Bill Switch with a borrowed bill it's best to pre fold it. I'm wondering if you guys have any good excuses for doing this? I've hear a few, like the old, "would you like to see your money increase?" *fold it* "Look, it's in creases." But I never really liked any I've heard. I generally try not to borrow a bill, or if I do, I've even switched it for a pre folded bill :-P Not too fond of doing that, either, though.

What do you guys use for the pre fold?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Michael Ammar covered this on his renditions dvd. I don't think this is the place to discuss MA's effect. I will say it is perfect for what you ARE WANTING.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
I'll have to check tha out. I'm definately not looking for anyone to tip someone's published work (though I appreciate being pointed in the right direction), just wondering what you guys use Smile
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
What's wrong with offering your own prefolded bill for examination before the switch? Then when it changes to a greater value it belongs to you instead of the volunteer.
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
With practice you can do it just fine without prefolding. (Not true with the Juan Hundred Bill).
Mark R. Williams
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Mark R. Williams
Quote:
On 2010-02-17 21:06, dduane wrote:
With practice you can do it just fine without prefolding. (Not true with the Juan Hundred Bill).

Yes, you are very right............... The only trouble I have had is if the note is VERY new and crisp. But even that can be worked around..............

Regards,

Mark
"One more step on the pathway of Knowledge, that is if we don't break our leg crossing the street"
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
Quote:
On 2010-02-16 22:37, Steven Conner wrote:
Michael Ammar covered this on his renditions dvd. I don't think this is the place to discuss MA's effect. I will say it is perfect for what you ARE WANTING.

As far as I remember, Ammar's lead-in is perfect for the mismade bill routine. It's completely justified in that context. I don't know if it would blend as nicely in the $100 bill switch.
Correct me if I am wrong.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Pre folding a bill for the bill switch? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL