The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » History of hypnosis since 1950s (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Who has made the most significant contribution to our understanding and appliance of hypnosis since McGill?

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
David Calof
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Good call Bobser. The Calof recordings are now available as a digital download and something I thoroughly recommend to everyone I train.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
John Cerbone
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I was about to post Richard Nongard.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Please, if you have the time expand on your reasons for your nomination.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Richard is one who has put things like "Speedtrance" with Cerbone in the hands of people who want it. He is making it so that finding the information, GOOD INFORMATION is not a hit or miss proposition.

Richard sells things from OTHER people as well as himself. He has a fantastic "Skits and Bits" DVD for those who want to expand the show a little. He works with many working hypnotists and gets the information out there. This is a great thing for hypnosis.

In short, he is contributing to the way in which GOOD INFORMATION is passed along, and not out to make a quick buck. This is why I would say he is moving hypnosis forward.

(I should confess I consider Richard a friend, but these are the facts.)
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TheTrance-Master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of TheTrance-Master
Thanks guys, & thank you for Richard for all we have done and shal;l do!
Much appreciated!!! VBG!
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I consider Cerbone one of the most important influences, becasue he took his creative passion and taught it to the masses. He didn't say, "this is mine" and refuse to share it. He is an originator. His ideas like all great ideas came from within himself.
His contribution to the field of rapid induction will be remembered 50 and 100 years form now.
As today Elman is taught, tommorrow Cerbone will be taught.
AS for me, thank-you Danny. I try to provide good information at a reasonable price.
For me, my theory is that hypnosis is neither secret nor mystical, and showld be explored and taught. Fortuanly I have been able to convince many of the greats to share their wisdom.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I know there are those who think the opposite Richard, but I am 100% in agreement with you. I think it will do nothing but help the art form.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
jessewjoseph
View Profile
New user
California
82 Posts

Profile of jessewjoseph
Didn't Criss Angel hypnotize people with a piece of paper? Bam! Best contribution to hypnosis right there!
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10024 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I hope you are kidding!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
This was indeed the claim he made. But then again he makes a lot of claims on that show.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10024 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, I saw the show, but it still amazes how anyone would think or consider this as any type of contribution to the understanding or forward movement of hypnosis. Which is why I was asking if this for real. Lets remember Criss is a magician.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20429 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I keep trying to forget.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I think Jerry Valley has a real impact on creating and maintaining interest in stage hypnosis for the last 40 years.

I think showmen like Terry Stokes and Michael Johns performing nightly on the strip, in Terrys case, for decades, have contrinuted to interest in hypnosis by providing a forum for live entertainment.

I think Anthony Jaquin has re-ignited a pssion for hypnosis as an artform

I think guys who work for a living like Danny contrinute a lot, by providing the insight one can only develop after 1000's of shows

I think Gil Boyne's contributions cannot be understated.

I think Steve Brooks adding this forum contribtes to the growth and acceptance of hypnosis. For a while it was the DJ's keepig hypnosis alive, thank god it seems to be in the hands of magicians now....
jessewjoseph
View Profile
New user
California
82 Posts

Profile of jessewjoseph
Don't worry, I was kidding =]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » History of hypnosis since 1950s (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL