The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Manchurian Approach Another Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Why another review on this DVD and so late? Because I hate this DVD. I hate it so much that I honestly think it deserves its on post. I hate it so much that I'm actually taking the time to write this review. Here are the reasons why:

- To much information. If you want to learn Hypnosis as a magician or just to learn, these DVD's will teach you what you want to know. You could solely learn the basis from this collection, and not have to look elsewhere.

- I cannot get rid of these DVD's. Here is why. I recently purchased this collection last week. While on it's way I realized that I needed a few extra bucks for bills etc.. So I decided to post it on DVD's for sale. I'm Lucky, nobody bit. The minute it came in the mail, I could not put them down. I watched all 4 directly in a row. Needless to say I have kept the DVD's. I am in the middle of deleting the post in regards to buying these from me. Why? There to valuable. I can see this set making me 10X the money I spent on buying the DVD's themselves.

-I look at magic differently now. I have been performing magic as a professional for almost 5 years now. I have studied magic for 14. I had always had an interest in Hypnosis actually studying for the past 3 years. Finally after watching this set I had the nerve to try some of the techniques I was already aware of. Now I'm hooked. I am so interested in hypnosis because of these that I actually forget to keep up on my study of magic. Constantly trying to improve my act, I have actually had to remind myself that that's hwo I make my living!!!

If you haven't figured it out yet, I do not hate these DVD's for negative reasons. These are by far the best on the subject. If you have alittle bit of interest, or alot, this is amazing. As I stated above I have studied Hypnosis for some three years now. I have bought Reality is Plastic (which is another amazing source on the subject) and other dvd sets. But I was so nervous on trying some of the techniques. I thought, " what if this doesn't work?" This DVD gave me the ability to walk up to someone and try it out. From how to approach someone, how to introduce yourself as the Hypnosis, how to actually perform the techniques are all laid out. Even the Preshow magic effects using Hypnosis are genius.
- This past month I performed my first full theater show. The theater sat 300 people total. I performed Friday night to 270 people and Saturday to 298 people. Needless to say it was a success. The town I performed in is infamous for not supporting or coming to such events, so it was a huge hit. So having a successful magic show there says something. The point is, I was asked immediately to come back and perform again. Not wanting to perform the exact same 2 hour show, I was looking for something new. Hypnosis fully opens brand new doors to this situation. I have decided to construct a full Hypnosis show. This DVD has given me proof and inspiration in regards to what can be achieved with such entertainment. I have already spoke to the theater and we are setting up a date for next October. I will spend the next 8 months using this DVD set as a catalyst, propelling me further into stage hypnosis and entertainment.
- If you have any sense, spend the money to by this set. Everything is clearly laid out infront of you and you will not be disappointing.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
I liked TMA very much. However, this review is way OTT. First of all I didn't understand too much of it and it ended up with me being totally convinced that you have been 'bummed' by Anthony Jacquin over and over again till all you can say (in a screaming voice) is: "I love you master. give it me one more time."... which is not proper diction, but is what we says when we is in love.
In closing, I would strongly suggest that this will not motivate anyone to purchase this item for fear of being 'bummed' in a similar fashion.
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I see, sorry you feel that way. OTT? Ok I guess your right. Ignore everything I posted above. Non of it's true. Do not buy this DVD. I was solely stating that I was having a hard time being convinced of the effects of hypnosis. Watching and listening to this set seemed to give me confidence in trying this out. But your right. The more people that refuse to buy this, the less people will be performing it. That's fine with me Smile
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Aye aye. Sounds to me like there's been even more bumming going on. MP you don't know anything about Danny's bumming experiences. Take that back!
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Magicjg,

thanks so much for taking the time to write your review. It is great to know The Manchurian Approach has offered a working professional a change of direction and what sounds like new energy into an act.

Ignore Bobser. He has to say the word bummed at least once a day for cathartic reasons.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Sorry Ant. I thought youy were in Blackpool so I was just running free...
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Yeah, I hated it too!
so Ant, when is your next project coming out so I can hate that too?
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thanks Scaress. I just filmed the first section of The Trilby Connection DVD and hope it will be there for you to hate in April.

Ant
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Scaress smiles as that feeling once again washes all the way down... that's right.
Englebert Humberdink?... "I'm listening."
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2010-02-18 17:39, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Ignore Bobser.

Who? This hypnosis is good, I now have total amnesia of any poster by that name.

What a bummer!

:lol:
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Thanks to Anthony, IM the hypnotist
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
I just wanted to say that I tried for the very first time hypnosis on 3 persons during a friendly diner yesterday night - and I took this opportunity to "try it". I was just AMAZED on the result. I did it on 3 persons, 2 sets, 1/2 hour on each set, and I just could not believe it myself! I did a lot of the inductions explained in TMA, and I must say this is PURE DYNAMITE. I can't thank Anthony Jacquin enough for that, and my only regret is that I am not living in London to access his intensive training course. But believe me - this IS awsome.
JJS
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Anywhere to get this dvd in usa? um, I'm never home to sign for overseas orders...
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
... talk to a neighbour.
kmpx18
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of kmpx18
I must say I absolutely loved this set? I remeber not being able to put it down after I put the first disc in. I watched them over and over. immediately when finished I went out to my local shopping strip and introduced people to hypnosis who didn't even know what it was. it was experimental for me but I and the subjects all had so much fun. I cant wait to purchase your next set anthony!!
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Quote:
On 2010-07-07 08:15, bobser wrote:
... talk to a neighbour.

alas, my vodou is hated by the zealots. they hate me. but I found it @ hocus.....
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
I echo the sentiments here. A very good DVD set, which unlike some similar products, is very detailed and covers pretty much all you need to get started.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Thank you for your feedback Lord Freddie, much appreciated.

I am intrigued to hear how Gede Nibo will wield hypnosis.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Updated for 2016

GarethLeeMorgan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of GarethLeeMorgan
Hello all, this is my first post here and very excited to have found this forum.

I am soon to be starting a course in hypnotherapy in Bournemouth and leading up to that I've been having fun learning and playing with hypnosis, I performed my first positive and then negative hallunication successfully last night which filled me with confidence. I have had the Manchurian Approach DVD set sat on my desk for months and now after reading this thread I know what I'll be watching tonight. Smile
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
I don´t think the manchurian approach would last 5 minutes in the packaging before being inserted into a DVD player if I were to get my hands on it. I take you´ve been very busy over the last few months? Smile
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The Manchurian Approach Another Review (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL