The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Any thoughts on this website? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
https://www.hypnosis.edu/

There is a free course certifying you as a hypnotist after you complete the entire course? Legit or a scam? If I'm reading this correct, you are suppose to do the first lessons free, certifying you as a hypnotist then pay to become a therapist?
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
This web site is put up by an organization called HMI founded by John Kappas. Kappas is very respected in the field of hypnotherapy.

HMI has been offering a free introductory course in hypnotherapy for several years. It is solid, brief, and basic. There is nothing wrong with it, other than that there's no proof that you can hypnotize anyone because it's all distance learning.

They offer three levels of certification, all of which is through a union founded by Kappas and not an independent certification board. This is both highly questionable, IMO, and also frequently done by hypnosis schools. In the "real world," certification organizations are supposed to be independent of training organizations.

Several people I've personally talked with have complained about HMI—not about the quality of their training, but concerning high-pressure tactics to get you to take further courses with them, courses that can be quite expensive. Again, I want to make clear that this is not about quality, it's about pressure to buy.

I know there are people on this forum who sell wonderful books and videos. I still say that the best training is in person and that books and videos are valuable to augment in-class training. This is especially true, IMO, for hypnotherapy as opposed to stage hypnosis, and hypnotherapy is the focus of HMI.

Most hypnosis schools, whether in-person or distant, make wildly unrealistic claims as to potential earnings with a career in hypnotherapy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Any thoughts on this website? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL