The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Ultimate Coin - Half vs Dollar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Do the Ike Dollar and Half-Dollar TUC's have identical gaffs?

I saw a TUC Half demo'd at my local shop, and there were things not done that made me wonder. Never showed one coin becoming 2.

Perhaps the guy wasn't as familiar as he needed to be.

I am very interested in getting an Ike version of the TUC.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I plowed through those pages a couple of days ago Smile

However, I assume that since differences were not mentioned between the half- and dollar versions that the only difference is the coin that is used. That, plus people are sending their own coins to have Mr. Tango gaff them.

But I prefer not to assume Smile

I *would* venture a guess that the special card doesn't come with the dollar sized TUC!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Hare
View Profile
Veteran user
323 Posts

Profile of Hare
I'm considering having some old Morgans made in T.U.C. and was wondering myself how the dollars will compare to halves in weight and amount of rim existing and stuff like that.

Anyone have both coins for a comparison in which format the trick works best?
"Better described in The Amateur Magician's Handbook"
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Ahh, gotcha. Okay. You know... Mr. Tango is quite a nice guy. You can always PM directly and he'd be the one to give you a definitive answer.

I'm sure they would be the same. I don't see why they wouldn't be.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I already did - about 20 minutes ago when faced with the possibility of wading through those 7 pages again Smile

LOL! I appreciate it, though.

I can't see why there would be a difference, either (other than the card that comes with the half version. The shop didn't have a dollar size, but did say it didn't come with a card. They had half and C/S versions, and the only reason they did was because a customer had ordered them but hadn't responded about coming in to pick them up.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I only have halfs and Copper-silvers but I am 99% certain that the dollar TUCs use the exact same mechanisms. I say that based on being told directly by the source. Smile

Jim
armatoj
View Profile
New user
Sacramento
22 Posts

Profile of armatoj
I have both an Ike and a half c/s. The gaff is identical.
For thoughts on communications, creativity and living a life of ideas, please visit www.thinkinside.biz
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Case closed, then.

Thanks, everyone!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
The upcoming book "Essential T.U.C." will host more than 30 effects utilizing all three types in innovative ways -- certainly ones Mr.Tango did not envision when he created it, plus more than 100 different sleights/handlings to fuel your imagination. Patience is difficult with the TUC in your hands, but a published book takes a couple of months to launch.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Well hurry up and get it out, Ken!! Smile

Kidding of course. Looking forward to it!

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Tango Ultimate Coin - Half vs Dollar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL