The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It was torture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I wondering if any of you have stories like this to share...

Yesterday my family went to see a tribute to Andrew Lloyd Webber. The music was excellent performed by a small but highly skilled orchestra. There were six performers who sang, and all had amazing voices. The music was familiar and enjoyable. So what was the problem?

Someone sitting near me had the most god-awful stink breath you could imagine. I was stuck in that seat for about 2 hours, listening to fine music, and forced to endure the smell of this person's poor hygiene.

Anyone else had issues while trapped in a theater seat? Don't put "wouldn't it be awful if" ideas here. This is for things that really happened.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
I was having breakfast in Montreal. The menu was printed in English/French, and every line changed to "with/avec" somewhere near the middle of the descriptions.

I was sitting across from a husband and wife, from the American Midwest judging by their accent, and I overheard the man telling his wife, "Look honey, every dish here comes with avec. It must be really tasty!" It was all I could do....
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
I thought this was about Cheney.
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 10:28, Chance wrote:
I was having breakfast in Montreal. The menu was printed in English/French, and every line changed to "with/avec" somewhere near the middle of the descriptions.

I was sitting across from a husband and wife, from the American Midwest judging by their accent, and I overheard the man telling his wife, "Look honey, every dish here comes with avec. It must be really tasty!" It was all I could do....

I especially like avec with au jus.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 21:45, Whit Haydn wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-21 10:28, Chance wrote:

I especially like avec with au jus.

That's probably the most redundant food order ever. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
While we were rideing a taxi in Mexico my wife said that all roads must lead to salida because it seemed that we keep passing the salida exit. I then told her that salida means EXIT.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
JRob
View Profile
Veteran user
Central South Carolina
395 Posts

Profile of JRob
I was forced to resort to childhood tactics to deal with a moron in front of me giving a running commentary of the show to his unfortunate date. I never thought shooting spit balls could be so rewarding.
"Jim Roberts, AKA: Professor Jay Rob "<br>
The Professor's Facebook Page
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I once went to a movie, and the family in front of me smuggled in an entire chicken dinner. A hot greasy steam filled the air.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
A 78 year-old Billy McComb liked to whisper a complaint to flight attendents about the middle-aged woman seated next to him in coach.

"I am having to deal with the most awful gas from this person next to me...It is most embarrassing--I hate to bring it up...must be sick or something...I wonder if I might be seated elsewhere...don't want to embarrass the poor dear..."

He would often be moved up to first class with this tactic.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2010-02-23 04:43, Whit Haydn wrote:
He would often be moved up to first class with this tactic.

That is EXCELLENT! I must try it on my next flight.
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
Stuck in a tiger cage and forced to listen to Copacabana for 48 straight hours during an Army SERE exercise.

But that was 30 years ago when they used to have a show. Now it's a disco but not for Lola still in the dress she used to wear faded feathers in her hair....

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I remember returning home from Japan and there was a kid of around 12 and by himself that started throwing up about halfway through the flight. Not only did he use up the barf bag but the stewardess (err flight attendant!) brought him a paper grocery bag just in time! I was across the aisle from him and had a good view unfortunately I got hit with the stench as well. That was the first and only time I ever saw someone actually use one of those.

Glen
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I once had to endure an entire Michael Bay film. This is worse than anything anyone here has suggested.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:
I remember returning home from Japan and there was a kid of around 12 and by himself that started throwing up about halfway through the flight. Not only did he use up the barf bag but the stewardess (err flight attendant!) brought him a paper grocery bag just in time! I was across the aisle from him and had a good view unfortunately I got hit with the stench as well. That was the first and only time I ever saw someone actually use one of those.

Imagine how the poor kid felt...dry heaves and et al!

As for me, I am occasionally forced to sit next to a man with some of the worst bad breath on the planet. Just imagine how his poor wife must feel having to endure it every day!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On 2010-02-26 14:25, MagiClyde wrote:
Quote:

Imagine how the poor kid felt...dry heaves and et al!

As for me, I am occasionally forced to sit next to a man with some of the worst bad breath on the planet. Just imagine how his poor wife must feel having to endure it every day!

Sorry, that's probably me. I find a garlic and onion milkshake is just the recipe for keeping the stranger in the seat next to me from talking to me too much. (Don't worry about my wife, I drink Scope when I get home to kill the effects.)
;)

The worst thing about someone puking is that it can start a chain reaction, especially if it's a bumpy ride. You're already feeling nauseous, then the sight or smell hits you, and there you go, too.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It was torture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL