The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew De Ruiter. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Hello!Anybody know where I can find books of Andrew De Ruiter,and who is this magician or magic creator?Please any information about...May be somebody have his book? So thanks for all information beforehand! Sincerely,Serg.
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
I used to taalk with Andrew about 10 years ago. At the time , he was working a regular job and inventing ideas. He eventually went on to publish several illusion books. I own the first one and he has some craetive ideas. However over the past several years, his website has went down and he seems to have dipped out of the magic sceen. Anybody has info, I would love to know also.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
So Illuzzionz,please tell the name of books,if you know?And which price? Thanks,Serg.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
He had 4 Illusion Design booklets. Each of them about 40-50 pages.

Best,

Las
WiDells magic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of WiDells magic
I believe I have the books from Andrew. There are 4 of them. Flying ghost plans, Illusion design Book one, two ,and three.I have in my hand book 3, book 1 and Flying Ghost plans
Rick Wilcox
WiDells magic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of WiDells magic
His last contact was Andrew de Ruiter 1917A South 73rd street
West Allis, Wisconsin 53219 PH 414 327 5903
Rick
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
Thanks so much Rick and Laszlo! May be you know e-mail of Mr.Ruiter?And approximate price of books,or where I can buy? Serg.
WiDells magic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of WiDells magic
I don't know the price they were gifts from him.I don't think he has an e-mail.
Rick
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
Do you think this books are intersing or are somethings like a dejavu'?
I don't have seen a great rewiew on this books,
thanks for the replay...
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
I would contact Theophillus magic shop I believe they would have information you would need. Michael They are located in Millwaukee wi. I don't have the address off hand.

Michael
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
WiDells magic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of WiDells magic
The books are interesting and they may spark some other ideas. Not sure if any of the effects haven't been built.
Rick
TheMetalMagician
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of TheMetalMagician
Andrew DeRuiter is still around. He remotely manages a museum in New York called Museum of Intrigue. Check out their website - it is indeed intriguing. Here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area he owns a store called Parlor of Entertainment in Music City Mall Lewisville. They have escape rooms, murder mystery, live action role-playing games, game shows and a selfie museum. He sets up 2 tables, one right inside the entrance and one at the end of the "sequence", where magicians can "set up shop" and perform for tips. Usually a professional sits at the table right inside the door to attract the customers and the amateur (me!) sits at the other table and does additional magic once the customers are done with the circle. Not very many professionals have been showing up, so Andrew has been letting me sit at the "pro" table. I cannot put into words what a huge blessing he's been to my magic hobby - there's nothing more valuable than the chance to practice performing for strangers. He also comes out and gives me pointers on my own tricks whenever business is slow. Huge, huge, huge.

As several of you have already discussed, Andrew has indeed published several books about creating grand illusions. I haven't had a chance to read them yet but it's on my to-do list! He is also highly sought after in the field of creating Halloween haunted houses - he worked as a consultant for several of the largest in the New York area and they always sold quantifiably if not significantly more tickets after implementing his ideas.

Most of you probably know how to contact him directly, but if anyone would like to ask him a question and doesn't know how to contact him, feel free to send me a PM and I'll pass it on to him.

The Metal Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Andrew De Ruiter. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL