The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psyclock (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
I have just read the blurb for a new routine by Paul Stockman called Psyclock. Forgive me for sounding sceptical but for those who have read the routine they may just notice the similarity to my routine "It's Pizza Time" under my mentalist name of Max Gordon. Ot's Pizza Time effect was sold through Martin Breese in the UK and Hocus Pocus in The US. TWO YEARS AGO !

Every aspect of the method is the identical to my original routine. My routine includes two additional predictions in addition to the "Time prediction", they can keep the clock and my routine sells for £75+Postage in the UK.

Is this a rip off of the original. Judge for yourself:

Hocus Pokus Blurb:
It's PIZZA TIME by Max Gordon will be the hit of your next performance.

A spectator is chosen (totally at random) and is handed a take-out menu from a Pizza Delivery Company.

“In your mind, please make your choice from the menu and think about what time you would like it delivered during this show." (The time chosen to be within the performance duration.)

The spectator is then asked to stand up and shout, “It’s PIZZA TIME” when the time he has in his mind has arrived.

When the time arrives and the spectator stands up and calls out that it is PIZZA TIME, the performer then provides a quick re-cap of what has taken place so far. “You, sir, were chosen at random. We have not met nor spoken prior to the show, is that correct? I asked you to mentally select a Pizza topping and the exact time when it should be delivered. Is that correct?" (Yes.) For the first time, please confirm at what time you stood up. What kind of Pizza did you choose?" Let's say he chose ham and pineapple.

The performer now hands a delivery note (that has been on the table all evening) to the spectator who is asked to read out exactly what is written on top of the delivery note: "My name, address, and zip code," says the spectator.

"Is the address spelt correctly?" asks the performer. "Yes” is the reply. "Great, what menu option has been chosen?" asks the performer.

"Ham and Pineapple" confirms the spectator. "And what did you actually choose?" and the spectator replies that he actually chose ham and pineapple!

"So I have correctly predicted who would choose which pizza and the delivery address! Guess what I have here?" asks the performer holding what appears to be a square box covered by a large napkin. Everyone will of course assume it is a real pizza in the box.

"For various reasons it would be impractical for me to have brought along a real pizza, but just to prove I knew exactly when you would want your pizza delivered, I brought this along.”

The performer lifts the napkin to reveal a square pizza box. The performer then lifts out the contents of the box revealing it to be a full size kitchen clock. The clock is then turned towards the audience to show that the time has been set for exactly the same time as that chosen by the spectator and the clock is not moving at all. The performer does not have to move any buttons or physically alter the time on the clock and everything is clean and smooth. The back is then shown to have no battery (in fact tape is over the battery compartment). And as it is a battery-operated clock it is impossible for it to have kept the time without batteries.

As a consolation prize for not getting a real pizza, the spectator can even be given the clock to keep with the performer's compliments. That's right -- you can let them keep the clock!

The clock is not gimmicked in any way, and the performer does not have to set the clock manually as it is lifted out of the box.

Replacement kitchen clocks can be obtained from most Dollar Stores or Kitchen stores for a couple of dollars. A small electronic gizmo does the dirty work and the rest is explained in the instructions.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.
"Always give 100%, Unless you're a blood donor!"

Exclusive publications available from:

www.solutions.yolasite.com
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
I like It's Pizza Time!!
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
Thanks Tim. Smile
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.

eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3043 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
In point of fact, the idea, as a marketed prop, goes back even further.
Guy Bavli & Haim Goldenberg marketed "Time Control" 4 or 5 years ago.

Like many other circumstances, it's really about presentational premise and improvements upon the method (Neither of which I can speak of, not yet having seen the completed PsyClock).
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
Hi Eric,
I purchased "Time Control" to check before I released "IT's Pizza Time" to ensure that the method AND presentation were not the same.

Time control relies on a gimmicked clock. In "It's Pizza Time" the clock is NOT gimmicked in any way. What made the routine unique was the fact that the clock was given away. Hence the major difference in both presentation AND method.

Yes, I agree the basic "correct time" concept was the presentatioal hook for the Time Control routine, however "It's Pizza Time" moved that concept on. My point being that "Psyclock" offers no improvement on my routine.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.

alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
So in your routine
the spectator interrupts the set and you have to do the revelation then?
like andrew gerard real time?

in stockman routine he uses the clock as a closer
while the clock had been hold by an spectator and a time has been selected in the middle of the set, you don't have to do the revelation then.

try sending a message to stockman
he is a member here

by the way max, I liked the idea of your routine, seems like a lot of fun.
Stockman
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Stockman
Hi Guys,

Sounds like a lovely routine.

However Psyclock is totally different, and much more straight forward too.

I have held the Patent on Psyclock for eight years now and is totally original. You wont find anything like it on the market.
Regards

Paul Stockman
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
So, I guess is another example that great minds think alike
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
What is the patent number, and in which country, so we can look it up?

Curt
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
827 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Oh god cfrye, - how transparent!

China is soon to rule the world, it used to be the UK, now apparently its the US.

- however do you have a vested interest in the contentious worldwide patent law of magic tricks? - I think not.

Steve
Stockman
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Stockman
I suggest you all purchase the clock, all the details you need will be there.

Remember they are in limited numbers so be quick ladies.

LOL

Have fun guys Im out of here.
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
My prediction for today is .....Copies will be available on the big auction site within a month , for a fraction of the price ...however the shipping from China will be steep .....Its bl**dy inevitable ...
Mark
E.O.I
bubbleburst2004
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of bubbleburst2004
I'm impressed if Stockman does have a Patent on this. Excellent work. Very few magicians have managed to actually Patent an effect, so it shows commitment and great belief in the invention.
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Quote:
On 2010-02-22 15:33, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Oh god cfrye, - how transparent!

China is soon to rule the world, it used to be the UK, now apparently its the US.

- however do you have a vested interest in the contentious worldwide patent law of magic tricks? - I think not.

Steve

I wanted to verify whether he was speaking figuratively or literally. Seems to be the former. I already have It's Pizza Time and could have duplicated it, or hundreds of other effects, many times over if I'd cared to.

Curt
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Curt: forgive dr.hoskins today

hes not feeling well: he needs a doctor !!
dusty
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of dusty
[/quote]
I wanted to verify whether he was speaking figuratively or literally. Seems to be the former. I already have It's Pizza Time and could have duplicated it, or hundreds of other effects, many times over if I'd cared to.

Curt
[/quote]

Thanks for not copying the method Curt Smile It would appear from some PM messages that although the routines have similarities, Paul's routine does not use my method which means the clock can't be given away, which was the main reason for me creating It's Pizza Time" so that the only "prop" in the whole routine could be given away and as such prove it was ungimmicked, (because it is!)

Dusty
aka Max Gordon.
Regards,

Dusty

aka Max Gordon.

Stockman
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Stockman
Psyclock SOLD OUT at Blackpool.

I have received so many wonderful comments about it and the amazing build quality thanks to Christopher Taylor and his team.

For those that have ordered it the new batch should be here in the U.K very soon.

For the rest of the world and its international release, news to come very soon.

Regards

Paul Stockman
Christoph
View Profile
New user
Nuremberg, Germany
81 Posts

Profile of Christoph
Hello Paul,

what about the pre-orders? Are these already send out or are they part of the "new batch"?

Best,
Chris
Christoph

www.christophkuch.de
New user
42 Posts

Profile of Stockman
Christoph,
I believe there was a special delivery expected for all the pre-orders.

Best to check with Peter and the team at Alakazam on that one.
Regards

Paul
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
247 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
I ordered and paid mine at the Blackpool convention because they were totally sold out!
I'm looking forward receiving it!
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Psyclock (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL