The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Best Blackpool purchase (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1461 Posts

Profile of rowland
I was just wondering what your best purchase was at Blackpool this year, personally I think psy clock is awesome also Jean Vallarino card through window is very clever. It was good to see some new dealers there this year.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
I agree with the CTW! I picked it up last thing on Sunday!

Also like 'tin opener' very practical!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5155 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Can you provide shop-links to the best purchases!?
allen_m
View Profile
Veteran user
Alpine, TX
349 Posts

Profile of allen_m
Psyclock review thread, w- link here...
mentalmagic101
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of mentalmagic101
Not only my best Blackpool Purchase but one of the best ever was Paul Stockman's PSYCLOCK.

Christopher Taylor did a wonderful job of building this. It looks and works like a dream.

Thank you to Paul & Alakazam Magic for releasing this as a follow up to the Connected DVD also by Paul.

I did make one other wonderful purchase which was Kenton's Mind Reading Lessons. Very nice indeed.

MM
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
923 Posts

Profile of Martino
Levent's Colour changing silk and Salt Pour gimmicks!
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Muzz
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Muzz
I bought a few things!!! My best buys were the following:

James Brown: Professional Opportunist 1&2
Live at the Jailhouse

I can't recommend the PO dvds enough, they far exceeded my expectations. I picked them up as a risk because I hadn't heard much about this set. I've found the material excellent and really strong. Has anyone else tried these? Live at the Jailhouse is excellent. The other good thing I picked up is 52 memories by Jack Parker, which I'm told was rated as book of the year on these forums. Finally I picked up 10 back issues of a magic magazine which will keep me going for a while Smile Overall it was a great convention, enjoyed seeing David Dania as well as Banachek and John Bannon.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Thought the Antonio Romero holdout was amazing,he demmed some brilliant vanishes with it,but its £250.......anyone any experience with this?
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
568 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
Antonio's holdout is excellent, and far less than 250 pounds. I think there may have been an error in translation. It's usually around 100 pounds.

Ian
npm37
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of npm37
I agree with Psyclock. I also purchased Nikola's Nomad Pad for 70 pounds. It was marching off the shelf each time he demoed it.
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
My second best purchase was Practical Thinking by Elmwood magic.

If you want to know my best purchase let me know and I'll post up here.
magico563
View Profile
Veteran user
UK, sheffield.
381 Posts

Profile of magico563
Yigal Mesika opened my eyes to thread work so I picked up some loops and I am loving them.

I had thought about loops before but scared away but I am glad I got some, just wish I had done it sooner!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1520 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Lee smith's dvd's http://www.rsvpmagic.com/
pro mystic's Multi Dimensional http://www.promystic.com/shop/index.php?......Itemid=8
and the dozens of stella's in the ruskin
Mr. X
View Profile
Elite user
U.K.
440 Posts

Profile of Mr. X
I cannot believe how much fun I have had with my JOL wallets already. I bought hip and large. Lock picking set a close second.
So much to do. So little time.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I bought an Antonio Romero's hold out at WMS last year. It is so smart (and so sturdy) that I don't know how I did without it before. Using it for coin work really changes the perspective on strolling coin effects. Priceless
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1764 Posts

Profile of Claudio
Quote:
On 2010-02-24 15:24, Adam1975 wrote:
Thought the Antonio Romero holdout was amazing,he demmed some brilliant vanishes with it,but its £250.......anyone any experience with this?

You could order it online for about £180 @ http://www.themagicworkshop.com/HoldOut/......ndex.htm
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2010-02-23 15:10, Martino wrote:
Levent's Colour changing silk and Salt Pour gimmicks!

I wasn't at Blackpool, but I did recently purchase both of these, and find them both to be terrific. The Props are great, but the DVDs are better. Levent is a great teacher, and provides a complete history of the salt pour and silk dyeing effects, along with clear and precise instructions with all details of the handling for his own routines.
Excellent!
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
DStachowiak
View Profile
Inner circle
Baltimore, MD
2158 Posts

Profile of DStachowiak
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 06:30, Mr. X wrote:
I cannot believe how much fun I have had with my JOL wallets already. I bought hip and large. Lock picking set a close second.

I have had a Large JOL for about a year, and carry it as my every day wallet. I have owned several wallets before, but this one is the best. I even use it for Seabrooke's Burnt Bill.
Don
Woke up.
Fell out of bed.
Dragged a comb across m' head.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2100 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On 2010-02-25 15:22, Andi Peters wrote:

Ok... I'd like to know! Smile
Ben
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2010-03-05 11:15, goldeneye007 wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-25 15:22, Andi Peters wrote:

Ok... I'd like to know! Smile

I'm guessing it involves the words 'Gordon' and 'Paul'!

Charlie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Best Blackpool purchase (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL