The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
go4relax
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of go4relax
Today I received my OXF set (Kennedy Halfs) from Roy and it's a masterpiece!
Roy is a very nice guy, responded to my emails quickly and took care about my thoughts.

Shipping was fast, given that I am located in Austria/Europe.
Finally I can start learning the Oxyclean routine Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6880 Posts

Profile of bowers
I hope to get my coin soon from him.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
4668 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On 2010-12-06 07:32, atinczor wrote:
Hi All,

I have recently placed a huge number of gaffed and regular coins from Roy along with some coin boxes.
He shipped them out last week on Thursday. Will probably get them in 2 weeks time. (I live in Turkey). During this 2 weeks period that he started making the gaffs for me, he replied to my very demanding emails the same day. I talked to him on the phone and he is such a nice guy to deal with. Great customer service.

Here are the items I ordered from Roy:

1- 1 Unexpanded re-milled shell and 5 matching re-milled shaved inserts - Soft Morgans
2- 1 Copper/Silver Coin: Soft Morgan and Soft Indian 5 Rupee (re-milled and shaved to match the shaved inserts in item #1) with a matching shaved/remilled Soft Indian 5 Rupee and remilled shaved soft Morgan Dollar
3- 1 Gravity Flipper Coin: Soft Morgan (re-milled and shaved to match the shaved inserts in item #1)
4- 1 Black Leather Kueppers Keepers and 1 Coin purse for the Dollar size coins
5- 1 Aluminum half dollar size Slot Box
6- 1Aluminum half dollar size Boston Box
7- 1 Aluminum half dollar size Plug Box
8- 2 Aluminum half dollar size Lid
9- 1 pack spare rubber bands
10- 5 regular Barber Half Dollar Coins
11- 5 re-milled Franklin Half Dollar Coins (not very shiny. Just regular tone)
12- 1 set of Copper/Silver/Brass with Walking Liberty Half Dollar Coin along with the real matching coins
13- One expanded soft/re-milled Morgan Dollar coin

As you can see, this is a big order. He managed to ship them out in 2 weeks, which is amazing when considered that these coins are custom made. I will share with you the pictures of the coins when I receive them. Hopefully in 10 business days.

WOW!!! that is a show of faith and a testimate to his quality of work. Bet that cost more than a buck two ninetyeight.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6880 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ill say poof.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6880 Posts

Profile of bowers
Roy called me tonight.my coin is on the way....
todd
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6880 Posts

Profile of bowers
My coin arrived today.wow its magnificent.
it is a marshall island gold ten dollar coin
on one side and a portugal silver dollar on
the other side.
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
657 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 21:48, bowers wrote:
My coin arrived today.wow its magnificent.
it is a marshall island gold ten dollar coin
on one side and a portugal silver dollar on
the other side.

Whenever I order from him, I feel so satisfied when I open the package...ALL of the gaffs I have ordered from him are of the BEST quality, along with his OUTSTANDING customer service. He is my first choice for gaffs. Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6880 Posts

Profile of bowers
I agree totally zack.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Roy did not deserve any of those negative assertions about him. Annoys the **** out of me when impatient ****s do not get their order and resort to a public forum to throw mud around unfairly.
I wish there was someway to impose a right to refuse service to unworthy customers online.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3975 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Well, to be fair, some of the gaffers don't get back for relatively long periods of time. Someone not used to working with a custom artist can very EASILY wonder what on earth is going on. Tons of people have never dealt with custom artists, and as a lot of money is often involved, frustration and wondering if everything will turn out allright is a completely understandable occurrence. Roy made me a couple of beautiful sets, but there were a couple of long stretches where I didn't hear back after emailing a question. I knew beforehand what to expect. A lot of people don't.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3975 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Overall, Roy's custormer service was great, don't get me wrong. But there were a couple of times when he was out of town, I didn't know it, and I had to be really patient. Working with a one-man operation is much different from working with a place that has a 24-hour customer service operation (though those can be a pain in the butt, as well!).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6880 Posts

Profile of bowers
The word custom means made to order.i work in
a custom fixture manufacturing plant that makes
fixtures wood-metal and glass for department stores.
the stores order it we submit a drawing of approval
to them and if its approved it is then built to there
specs.this all takes time.the custom coin galfers work
on the same principal.before they make you a coin.unless
its one they ahave made a run of like a shell.but if its a
complicated one there is usally not a lot sitting on their shelf.
todd
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
He does great job, but he doesn't reply email each time, and it does take a while before you can receive your order.

but over all, good quality.
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I'm thinking about purchasing steel core coins in english penny and kennedy half dollar from Kuepper, but I'm still wondering if they would strongly be attracted to Raven or Event Horizon. I need a lot of steel core coins. Anyone here has steel core coins from Kuepper ? Thanks in advance.
medievalmagician
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of medievalmagician
I've recently made a purchase from Roy and am eagerly waiting to get my order. So looking forward to it.
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On May 1, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
I'm thinking about purchasing steel core coins in english penny and kennedy half dollar from Kuepper, but I'm still wondering if they would strongly be attracted to Raven or Event Horizon. I need a lot of steel core coins. Anyone here has steel core coins from Kuepper ? Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I have some steel core Morgan dollars from Roy. And yes: a Raven will pick them up. The Black Widow will also picks them up. I have both products, and can confirm this.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On May 2, 2016, Tally_NSA wrote:
Quote:
On May 1, 2016, mh1001 wrote:

Yeah, I have some steel core Morgan dollars from Roy. And yes: a Raven will pick them up. The Black Widow will also picks them up. I have both products, and can confirm this.

Ok thanks. I was thinking of buying some Tango coins, as I'm not a working pro and I'm a little bit on a budget constraint, but people here and there say some horrible things, such as the coins being too "weak". Kueppers' coins have a reasonable price (and shipping cost) and a good reputation (in general), so I suspected them to be of better quality than Tango's (although that didn't stop me from buying a TUC).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Roy Kueppers (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL