The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wire Framing/Foam Structuring, Your Costume... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Hi,

I am interested in sourcing, either video or paper format, information that goes into creating a more solid structure of ones jacket/vest.

If there are sources concerning creating a more rigid structure of ones jacket/vest, to prevent loads from creating a 'buldge'. I have heard of stiffening material, is this the best avenue to traverse? What about wire framing? I have heard magicians have taken this route with great success. I don't have loads I am trying to conceal, but I don't want my vest to become disfigured do to other elements at play such as movement,etc.

Also, what one would do with a dove tux, to expand areas, say the center of the chest, so as to heigthen the illusion that loads are an impossibility in the edge of the lapel.. I am looking into placing a foam into the lapel area to create depth, sinking the chest in, as I have loads there. This could be considered the opposite of what a dove worker would pursue. As they tend to build the chest out.

I feel this might be met well in the section of dove and animal magic, I may post it there also, to receive a different perspective.

The best source I have come across to date is Tony Clarks 'Behind the Seams'DVD. I have also heard about Silk King Studios selling some notes containing wire structures of the magicians costume, but I have not purchased these notes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Good Day to you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Wire Framing/Foam Structuring, Your Costume... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL