The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » False riffle shuffles (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

oOMagiiCOo
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of oOMagiiCOo
Hi,

I have been learning a lot of false riffle shuffles lately including the push through, the heinstein and the zarrow but I was wondering if anybody knew any more convincing and advanced false riffle shuffles.

Thanks,

oOMagiiCOo
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
More convincing that the Zarrow??? I don't KNOW!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
If you're doing the Push-through or the Zarrow properly, and they're still not convinced that the deck was shuffled, then you're probably going to have to abandon false shuffles altogether for a different strategy.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
oOMagiiCOo
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of oOMagiiCOo
Thanks for your help. Only one person has not been convinced but I was just wondering if there are ny better ones like the false riffle shuffles that Ricky Jay does in his amazing card manipulation video on youtube.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
You'll have to be more specific about the Ricky Jay video. I've seen him do several kinds.

If you could put up videos of your technique on the Workers forum, you should get some pointers about how to improve.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
oOMagiiCOo
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of oOMagiiCOo
Thanks that is a good idea. The link to the YouTube video is http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=UWvRorX0KhQ&client=mv-google. Thank you for all your help
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
My slight variant of the Zarrow Shuffle is my all time favorite. It has so much to offer by way of utility and workability that it's hard to favor anything else.

That said.....IF... you really want to do the work get hold of the Ed Marlo book: False Riffle Shuffle System. IF you can actually learn to do it correctly it is freakishly good. But, to do it correctly will take an major...MAJOR expenditure of time and effort.

That's what's so nice about the Zarrow in any of it's versions: It's actually perfectable within a reasonable amount of time!

Best,
Brad Burt
astripp
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of astripp
Dai Vernon had a phenomenal push through. Granted, none of us will ever be him but we can work at it.
Metatron
View Profile
Elite user
Port Orchard, Washington
436 Posts

Profile of Metatron
You might like the Truffle Shuffle.

http://store.dananddave.com/truffle-shuf......dio.html

Have Fun,

Metatron
Richard.J.E
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Richard.J.E
Quote:

On 2010-02-27 20:06, astripp wrote:
Dai Vernon had a phenomenal push through. Granted, none of us will ever be him but we can work at it.

He was only the Professor because of wide scope reading and practice.
shek
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, CA
244 Posts

Profile of shek
For an in the hands false riffle shuffle I would go with Derek Delgaudio's Truffle Shuffle, as mentioned above.
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
I don't know the originator but on Guy Hollingworths DVD (I believe the london works) he shows an in the hands false shuffle that looks great the down side is you have to cut the deck after the shuffle but then again all of the shuffles I've seen seem to have some downside to them so you take what works best if you know a few then you just have to pick the right one for the occasion. Sean.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
If I'm not going to do the Zarrow than it's Martin Nash's "Full Deck False Shuffle", just for variety.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Quote:
On 2010-02-28 05:23, Richard.J.E wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-27 20:06, astripp wrote:

He was only the Professor because of wide scope reading and practice.

I'm confident there was slightly more to it than that.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
bicycle66
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of bicycle66
Maybe being very good probably one of the best at his profession had a little something to do with it....Smile
geoffa
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
57 Posts

Profile of geoffa
You should take a look at some of Jason England's work on these shuffles.

Push Through:
http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#artist:10/......video:68

Zarrow:
http://www.theory11.com/1on1/#artist:10/......ideo:107

Pretty darn convincing.
-geoff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » False riffle shuffles (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL