The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mastemind & Monte Cristo decks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
430 Posts

Profile of krowboom
I have been reading about the Mastermind & Monte Cristo decks on the Magic Café and see that it's a forcing deck where you can do a prediction or ACAAN effect. Everyone has given it rave reviews. It seems to me that in using the deck you can only do it once because the force card is always the same. This seems to severely limit it's use especially if you want to present it over and over again. Am I missing something or am I correct? Thanks for any replies.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1418 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
That was my thought as well. Even though Hocus pocus states there are no forces I would call a trick deck a force. I posted a similar question in another thread since if it is that good, one is surely going to have it requested and I want to know if all the decks are made with the same force or if you buy two the changes are they would be different.
The confusing part is that Hocus Pocus is claiming that if the spectator tampers with the envelope, the result would be the same. Now the only thing I can think of that they would do with tampering is removing your prediction and putting there own in. If that is not what they meant, well they are puffing the copy.

Sorry I can not be any help and will await the answer for those who have one of these.
Actaully, thanks to the chatty Café members. I think I know how these work now.
Each person gave a way too much in the public section thus exposing it. If it is what I think, then there will be only one result. Whether each deck is different would be important.

Posted: Mar 1, 2010 11:50pm
Ahh this kind of tells all. http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/mediapoo......lein.wmv
It would be one force per deck and what Café members unknowingly tipped was what I was thinking.

So I would have to get at least two or three of these if I was going to make it a grand display as per the one suggested mail the prediction routine.

Hmmm and since the magician can only safely handle the deck, I can already do something so close with a Svengali for half the cost. The only issue would be the spread. SO I guess this one is good to have in the arsenal..
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1251 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
This deck is not suited for acaan. (in my opinion).
Apart from the classic force, it is the purest force that exist.
More than 30 years ago, it was a well garded secret and only a few magicians possessed one. In that time, you could amaze magicians with it.
Now it rapidly becomes the same status as a stripper or Svengali.
My heart bleeds a little....
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8708 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Believe me, you will not regret buying this, and it is sooo cheap for a Monte Cristo deck that has the power to stun spectators. I would call it a CAAN though.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8708 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On 2010-03-02 04:38, Waterloophai wrote:
This deck is not suited for acaan. (in my opinion).
Apart from the classic force, it is the purest force that exist.
More than 30 years ago, it was a well garded secret and only a few magicians possessed one. In that time, you could amaze magicians with it.
Now it rapidly becomes the same status as a stripper or Svengali.
My heart bleeds a little....

If your mission is to stun magicians only then certainly do not purchase. However, if your intent is to stun a lay audience then you cannot get much better than this.
krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
430 Posts

Profile of krowboom
Pegasus, thanks for your comments. However my question still is, how effective is it for doing repeat performances if the force card is always the same, i.e. better not let the same person see it twice. Am I wrong or missing something? Thanks.
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Like a Svengali or a Mirage Deck this is nothing for immediate repeat performances like table-hopping or so. Unless ..... you own some different Monte Cristo or Mastermind decks ;-)
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Mastermind is offered with two different values. Smile
krowboom
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago area
430 Posts

Profile of krowboom
Correct me if I'm wrong. It may be offered in 2 different values but only 1 value per deck of cards.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
You are right, 3 of spades or 3 of hearts.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
I am using mine to do Michael Close's Frog Prince trick...a trick that depends on a strong force, free choice, but I couldn't pull off well. This solves that problem.
Frank
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Is it just me, or is there really missing the KH in the 3H deck?
And what about that ugly "Joker"
Any why are there 2 reg. court cards supplied, instead of having a complete&full52(!) mis-ind***d deck of cards?
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Kaarlo von Freymann
View Profile
Loyal user
Finland
203 Posts

Profile of Kaarlo von Freymann
"Like a Svengali or a Mirage Deck this is nothing for immediate repeat performances... unless you own some different.... decks ;-)"

How right you are. I have a Svengali rough and smooth deck for all cards I want to force. Unfortunately they are not available in my favorite style, the Vintage Bicycle so I had to buy appr. 30 decks to make myself what I wanted to have. The reason I prefer the vintage cards is, that unlike a "new" deck, nobody ever suspects a deck switch as I could not possibly have found many old decks on the attick of my grandpa!
Kaarlo von Freymann Helsinki Finland
Kaarlo von Freymann - Helsinki- Finland
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
I can't wait until I can buy one of these decks. CardMaker has put up a very good demo video!
Magic comes through perception. -HS
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
The decks are finally here and ready for immediate shipping!

Have a look:
http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/pageID_2439969.html

Click on the picture there to go to the prices page ;-)
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Mastemind & Monte Cristo decks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL