The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Invisible Deck by Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
I ran across this app today and I figured I would give it a try. I have to say that this is one of the better magic apps I've come across. This app is basically a virtual invisible deck. It shows a deck of face up cards and the spectator flicks through the cards until they arrive at the only face down card in the deck. They can flip the card over right then or they can continue flicking through the rest of the deck to show the remaining cards are face up. The face down card is of course the one they were thinking of (you need to know the card).

It's nice because the spectator holds the Iphone or Ipod Touch the entire time. You do have to touch the screen briefly but it's only to demonstrate what you want the spectator to do. You flick through two cards showing the spectator what to do, and by touching the screen only twice you have done all the work. The spectator's card will now be face down. This action seems completely normal and will not raise suspicion. This app also comes with a nice practice and training section.

All in all I really like this app. Iforce is still my favorite but I would have to say Invisible Deck is #2 followed by Chris Kenner's Rising Card.

Matt
idomagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Denver, CO
255 Posts

Profile of idomagic
Tenyo also has "MagicShuffle" which is 99-cents. Probably works the same, only one deck style, but a great trick that fools people.
Chad Wonder (Chad Wonder Magic, Inc)
Past President SAM 37/IBM 131 (Mile High Magicians)
www.idomagic.com
www.iDOMAGIC.dev
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I just reveiwed and contrasted both tricks in my Magic Mike Reviews inexpensive Apps thread. They are both great apps. The Tenyo suits me better.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
studentoflife
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
310 Posts

Profile of studentoflife
Please guys update the app for the Retina display.
- Y
<BR>"Nothing is difficult...it's all about what you want, and how bad you want it."
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Really nice app with clever method.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Recently purchased this. Was kind of hesitant at first, but I am glad I did. I LOVE THIS and it absolutely FLOORS everyone that I show it to. This is how I do it.

I present a regular deck of cards for the spectator to hold. One time I even used a NEW unopened deck for added effect on them. I tell them to remove the cards from the box, shuffle them and to place them down on the table. I then proceed to show them that I have a deck of cards on my iPhone. I flick through them one at a time until I come to a face down card. I then stop and state. I have one face down card in this deck that I turned over earlier. What I want you to do is to pick up the deck, browse through it until you find any one that suits your fancy and to turn it over face down. As they do this, I reset the app to get it ready and then return my phone to the table. This takes less than a second and is completely goes unnoticed. I then ask them again...have I influenced your choice in any way? They say no. I then state again, that they were given a deck (if not a new deck) to choose a random card of their liking from and to turn it face down in the pack. I then spread the cards out on the table until I come to their turned over card. I slowly turn the card over and act a little surprised. I may say something like "Really? That's the card you freely chose"? They will acknowledge this. I then pick up my phone and scroll through the first two then I hand it over and say.."why don't you continue? Just scroll through slowly by dragging cards off until you come to the face down card." I will have them drag a few more if they like. I then ask again..."this was your free choice?" And point to the card on the table. They say yes. And I say "and this one was MINE" and reveal the card on the phone. It floors them every time. Feel free to use it if you like. It's just a crazy idea. Enjoy, my friends!

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
rodrigomc2000
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of rodrigomc2000
Another great ellusionist trick that need update for iphone 5 screen size Smile
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Has this be developed for Android yet? Would love to get it.
myrealsphinx
View Profile
New user
Brazil
79 Posts

Profile of myrealsphinx
Didn't find it. They take it away??
ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPealing or APPalling? » » Invisible Deck by Ellusionist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL