The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tossed Out Deck Variation Free Ebook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Brandon Queen
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles, California
527 Posts

Profile of Brandon Queen
Hey Alex, I'd love to get a copy of both if possible! And I'll actually tell you my thoughts! or.. you can just read them.
It occured to me at once that love could be a great illusion, that makes fools of brilliant thinkers everyday
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I like this idea for ending the TOD. I have never see the TOD end quite in this matter before. It is the same but has that little extra.

Ray
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Clever and good thinking. Changes the existing vague finish to a precise one. Excellent!

Thanks for the generosity, let me know when the Ebook is done.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Honestly, I think this is better than the normal TOD presentation. Well done.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Is it too late to get to read this TOD variation?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Sorry. Pressed submit before I'd finished typing.

I wanted to add:

Pretty please with a cherry on top!!

Steve
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
293 Posts

Profile of askernas
Thanks so much Alex. I will send you some comments as a PM ! =)

in short for those who have not read it: I like it and there is definately food for thought...
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
Sent you a PM as well, Alex.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2044 Posts

Profile of aligator
Sent you a PM. I used a tossed out deck many years back and then traded it off as I was never happy with the conclusion. Now, I am intrigued again by this new possibility. Will have to acquire or find a way to make up a deck to fit.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Review " Variations on the Tossed out Deck"
By
The BMW Guy

I think that's in this 9 page ebook lives good ideas that can be part of your TOD effect.
I personally perform TOD 3 or 4 times, and I'm still using the classic approach plus psychological finneses.

But with this ideas you can give the impression that you can know in a individual manner each thought .

There is a moment , where you can pottentially "lose" the telepathy effect, and add a coincidence effect that can be a little confussing, but of course is my humble opinion.
Maybe a credits section at the end will be nice, and more high quality images.
Rate: 8/10.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Pablo.

I will take your constructive criticism in mind when writing my ebook filled with routines and ideas.

Anyone else have any comments on either Out of Sight, Out of Mind, or TOD variation?

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Review OOSOOM from BMWGuy :

.... ( yes, I'm in vacation and I'm in recovery time for my arm and I had time... haha)

This 5 page doc file , had nice thinking and touches in the classic " best mental card effect in all time" or Out of sight , out of mind.
Can transform the classic claryvoiant effect in direct telepathy, just using chances and verbal finesses.
Alex gives in this pages a few context and how he play with the effect,giving you the "best" case( telepathy) thru the classic effect (claryvoince)

Rate : 7/10 .

I liked the ideas ( the important thing ) , but the desing and aesthetics needs work.
Thanks Alex!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Pablo,

Thanks for your feedback.

I have two projects in the works.

One is an ebook filled with ideas, routines, psychology, etc, etc.
not sure when I will be done with it.

The next project is a 2011 Monterrey Mexico convention I will be organizing and inviting all who which to come to it.

For those who want to visit Mexico, 2011 is the perfect opportunity.

don't have the exact date yet, but talent that is planned is

Paul Vigil
Jimmy Fingers
Oscar Muñoz

plus more......

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Got my pdf thanks a million.
I really think this is great.

Thanks again
Steve
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Thanks Steve.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Anyone else have this that would like to review it or the Out of Sight Out of Mind ebook I sent as well.

Thanks

Alex
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Alex,

Thanks for sending on the e-book! I have never performed tossed out deck piece...I don't do much with cards really apart from a memory routine but in saying that I really enjoyed reading your method. It's very clever and in my opinion adds a lovely convincer to the original routine. Thanks very much for sharing! Your obviously a very clever fella!

Thanks again!

Pete
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10602 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I have yet to get the pdf yet. I did receive a .doc version but unfortunately I can't open doc files.
TheWickedWitchOfTheWeb
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of TheWickedWitchOfTheWeb
OK, maybe I'm missing something here but I've just read through the PDF and it seems to assume that your three spectators will each look at a card from a different third of the deck which is a pretty wild assumption. Unless you're either showing them the cards (in which case any force will do) or you're directing them where to look which adds unnecessary suspicion. There's a very real possibility that you'll have three people thinking the same and if you're trying to divine their thoughts I reckon that will just seem too fishy

I'm not trying to be negative, I jut think there's a massive danger of losing a lot of power with the effect this way.
H2Odesign
View Profile
Regular user
the Armpit of the Panhandle
193 Posts

Profile of H2Odesign
I received both files, THANKS Alex.

But so far, I've only gone through the Vernon Out of Sight one.

I like your thinking on the variations and your approach in framing outs for this can easily be used with similar fx.

Thanks again,
Larry
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
TheWickedWitch,

Let me address a point......I am assuming that you assume that all three spectators look at different thirds of the pack, although it is possible, it is unlikely.
Everything is very fair and open, and I never once direct them where to cut.
They are free to cut anywhere they like and peek at a card, which makes the routine more interesting.
I can like you stated direct them and say to the first spectator, cut about 1/3, etc, etc, etc......but it weakens the effect in my opinion.

I fan the cards out show them all different, I have even handed them out before, and then I place the rubber band around them, and throw it to one person, they peek at a card, they throw it to the next, they then peek at one, and so on, and then the fun begins revealing who thought of what specifically.

Thanks for your input

Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Tossed Out Deck Variation Free Ebook (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL