The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Keymaster (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
moechsle
View Profile
New user
Ã…rhus, Denmark
41 Posts

Profile of moechsle
I have been showing mostly Keymaster until now, but today I used both the Keymaster and the Gatekeeper routines at the same gig. Great, great reactions from children, adults and old people! Everybody can relate to the moving and disappearing holes. At one gig a girl saw the Keymaster effect and later asked me to perform it again for her mother. Then I did (a slightly modified version of) Gatekeeper. So good to have two different routines with the same props!

A friend of mine has come up with a way of resetting Keymaster. This is very important for me when I'm doing walkaround.

The Keymaster key set has now earned a permanent place in my right front pocket, sadly replacing Third Degree Burn, which I trained and trained but never used.

Interesting, Craig, that you have tried Pro Flite together with Keymaster. I was thinking of that too, but haven't invested in it yet. Originally had Ghost tag in the key set as well, but had to drop that. Pro Flite definitely seems like it would fit very well there. If anyone has other ideas for tricks or gimmicks you could add to the key set, I would like to hear them.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-04-30 14:33, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey Doug, thanks for your feedback

Don't feel bad I have lost count of the amount of people that the Ghost Hole Principle has fooled. It is such a simple addition to the routine that really adds to the overall effect.

Let me know how things go once you have performed it a couple of times. If there is anything else I can do just let me know

Craig

Craig, the only thing I would add is that the method you gave of keeping the Ghost Hole in place really doesn't hold all that well if you are walking around with key master in your pocket for a while. It loosens up too easily. I pull the key out and the hole is not there. (The key magically healed itself in my pocket!) What I am doing instead is using a minuscule bit of Scotch brand reusable glue stick. Just a tiny touch to the hole and it holds much, much better.

Another suggestion: Instead of taking the time and effort to color those holes with a Sharpie marker, one can purchase origami paper that is colored black on both sides. You could get hundreds, maybe thousands of holes out of a sheet. And the thickness of the paper is perfect.

The trade off is that you spend more money, but you save time. All depends on where your priorities and budget are.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
sabitu
View Profile
Special user
USA
533 Posts

Profile of sabitu
Re-stickable glue stick is what I use to keep the ghost hole in place.

I have been performing a shortened version of the Gatekeeper routine that has gone over well. I slide the ghost hole off the key, have them cup their hands, and then throw the hole back onto the key but it ends up on the stem. Also before I slide the hole off the key I put my key fob back into my pocket which allows me to end completely clean at the end.

Matt
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey Guys.

Once again thanks for the continued feedback. I have been given alternative handlings and ideas via pm and email, its been great. So many people have said the same as Moechsle that the set has found a permanent place in their act. Its great to hear that people are using Keymaster.

As for the Ghost Hole, I have never had a problem Doug but both yours and Sabitu's solutions seems great. I also like your handling of Gatekeeper Sabitu - Simple and Quick sounds killer, I would love to see you perform it sometime if ever we are at the same convention!

Once again any other comments of questions please keep them coming

Craig
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Quote:
On 2010-04-24 12:53, Craig Petty wrote:
Thanks again for the comments Doug. Can't to hear what you think of it when it arrives.

By the way I have noticed that Sleight Geek have filmed their own trailer to Keymaster and posted it on You Tube. I thought I would post the link so that you guys can see someone other than me performing the effect. I thought they did a good job

Craig

Link to Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT7Xh557GKc

Just a quick observation from a spectator's point of view (I do not own the trick, yet). It seems in the clip that the finish is somewhat unsatisfying--the girl seemed to expect the hole to finally wind up in the right place--perhaps this possibility is addressed in the 2.0 package?

Julie
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Still using this! Found a permanent place in my set. Good stuff, man!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks Doug, I'm glad you are enjoying the DVD. I love getting feedback from people that are actually using my material!

Julie - I have never had a problem with the spectator expecting the hole to appear on the stem and neither has any performer I have spoken to. I am not not sure but I have a feeling the girl in that video clip was 'in on' the trick from the beginning.

Craig
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of 2010multimagic
Hi Craig.... I spoke to WMS couple days ago and asked if they would give you an email I sent then regarding your keymaster?...have you recived it yet?..

please email me marcweb1982@live.co.uk

many thanks

Marc Webley
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey Marc. Jim forwarded me the email over the weekend. I am currently writing everything up for you (I have been so busy recently). I will have it sorted by Friday at the latest and will send it to your email address. Is that ok?

Craig

By the way,

anyone who has yet to pick up Keymaster yet - we are giving away a free copy on this weeks Wizard Product Review Show. Episode 4 goes live 12pm on Wednesday so check out the show and you could be sent a Keymaster free of charge!

Craig
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of 2010multimagic
Quote:
On 2010-06-15 06:55, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey Marc. Jim forwarded me the email over the weekend. I am currently writing everything up for you (I have been so busy recently). I will have it sorted by Friday at the latest and will send it to your email address. Is that ok?

Craig

Hi Craig.. that's great!!! Thanks ever so much for doing that for me!!! Smile Smile Smile

I understand you're busy ...no rush!! I look forward to getting email from you!

Again many thanks...

Marc.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your understanding Marc.

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys,

The new Wizard Product Review is now up and if you watch it you can win a Keymaster free!!!!!

Check it out here -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmHwvHKZk4

Thanks guys

Craig
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Craig are you going to let us know what you are doing with routining keymaster and Pro Flight for us who have both
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey mate.

I am currently typing up a few ideas into a PDF which I will be sending to anyone who has brought keymaster. It is taking longer than I thought as I have had a lot of gigs this week (I took on a contract to do a series of school shows so I have been very busy during the day). The PDF should be done soon and anyone who would like a copy just pop your email address on this thread and I will send it as soon as its done.

Hope that's ok

Craig
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks mate
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Would like a copy of your PDF, when finished, also Craig. Good luck with your school shows.

Have fun,
John
Nothing is better than more.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
I am the one that won the Keymaster DVD! Thanks Craig! I heard my username and like I said in an earlier post I thought I won the Lottery. (I basically did!) It just stinks now that we have to wait another week for the next Review!
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Congratulations Lou! Enjoy!!!

Have fun,

John
Nothing is better than more.
Lou Cirulli
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of Lou Cirulli
Much obliged sir!! I most definitely will!!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Just got my Keymaster today!!!..ordered it from Penguin and got a free VHS Paperclipped with it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review: Keymaster (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL