We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pharaohs Phinger (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I had an old friend.....a retired Egyptologist.He recently passed on.He posessed an extensive collection of Egyptian artifacts.However, there was one item that I was alway's drawn to...'the Finger'.He always referred to it as the 'Pharaoh's Finger'.

I often wondered how he supposedly knew the finger was not just from a more common mummy...but was from a 'Royal' mummy.

I was there along with his family and a couple of close friends just before he passed.During one of his waking moments,he strained to reach the drawer of a small table next to his bed.From the drawer he removed a long narrow box.
His hands were trembling as he handed me the box. Taped to the cover was a note that read: "Rich....I know you always admired this,and that you wondered how I knew this finger belonged to a Pharaoh.Inside the box is a small vial that contains a small amount of sand from the Valley of the Kings".

The note continued..."Rich,only the spirit of a true Pharaoh of Egypt will react to the sand upon which the Great Pyramids were built.Place the finger upon the vial of sand,and observe how it reacts".

That was it...the note ended there.I could not wait try this later at home.
That evening,I did as the note advised.At first...nothing happened...then,suddenly... I thought I was seeing things.The finger began to move...almost as if it was trying to point down toward the sacred sand in the antique vessel....then... the finger..The 'Pharaohs Phinger'...tumbled off....and lay silent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhXZqmoXTzQ

:)
jtmorris
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of jtmorris
Great story (a tad cheesy, but hey), the finger I'm not going to lie is pretty sick (in a gross, disgusting way), and the waiting would need some motivation, as it seemed to take a while. With the right performer in the right context that could be neat.
"Looks like a camera trick!" "I had to watch it 5 times before I...still didn't figure it out" - COINTUM-LEAP

Unbelievable, visual, simple, and motivated mix of cards and coins. COINTUM-LEAP
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Who would carry this around on them?
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag

Tutankhamun!
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2278 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Any Bizzarrist worth their salt would carry this finger and its new ly added antuque stoppered jar of sand around with them.

Story telling magic with the proper props can be extremely powerful.

As with any magic, if you can'sell' the premise, you can entertain.

Kotah
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Think I was served one of those at KFC last Wednesday.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Did you know that the phrase "Finger-lickin' good" was coined there? Smile

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/137325.html
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2010-03-05 16:03, pegasus wrote:

Someone in the middle of, or returning from, an overseas deployment perhaps? Know anyone?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
TAJ
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of TAJ
Very Nice! Good presentation.

Taj
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
918 Posts

Profile of necroloid
When are you going to start selling these Ric?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pharaohs Phinger (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL