We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » BAM is Back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Over thirty years ago a man named Bob Mason created an effect that stood the test of time BAM is that effect. Most of you have never heard the name Bob Mason or know of his body of work and this is why I wish to share a brief insight with you today into one of the great minds of Mentalism.

After receiving hundreds of requests for Bob Masons Bam over the last couple of years the wait for this masterpiece is over. Originally released in 1977 in very low numbers and mostly around the Dayton and Cincinnati areas of Ohio the effect had only one small problem. The reset was so confusing it made its use limited, in walk around and multiple shows in the same day, since most could not figure it out. This problem is now fixed. When we obtained the rights to Bobs work we also were given boxes of notebooks and such. It was only yesterday we recovered Bam and his original personal routine and his original notes for the instructions allowing us to fix the problem of the reset. In the original manuscript the wording was a bit confusing and most people including myself read it one way when it should have been read the other way. This took many hours of work to complete.

For the next three people who email me at either of my emails I will share you a copy of this new release of BAM with you. This is limited to only three. The effect is amazing as you will soon see. Also, it can be done by mentalist or magicians making Bob Masons Bam very unique.

For those of you who do not know of BAM here is a description as written in 1977.

B A M is a brand new effect unlike anything you have ever seen
It is without a doubt…the world’s fastest card location!
Magician shuffles a regular deck and deals off 24 cards into a face-down stack. This stack
is then divided into two stacks of 12 cards each at the direction of a spectator. No forcing.
Spectator selects one of the stacks and the other is discarded.
This stack of 12 cards is divided into two stacks of 6 cards each. (at the desecration of the Spectator)
The spectator now thinks of one of the cards in this group of 6 cards.
A moment later the magician picks up the stack and puts it behind his back and instantly
brings one card out and tosses it face down on the table.
The spectator names his card. The card on the table is turned over…. It is his chosen card.

No sleight of hand
Uses just a regular deck of cards
No duplicate cards
No forces of any kind
No Mathematics
No questions asked at anytime
You can learn it in ten minutes time
You can get it ready to do again in 30 seconds!
No “outs”
No peeking at cards
100% sure
The magician never knows what cards will end up in the group
It borders on the “IMPOSSIBLE”

So what do you think? I will add no peeking is an understatement you do not know the name of the card the spectator was thinking of until you turn over the card on the table or the spectator tells you. It’s like you just knew that was there card. How’s that for psychic.

BAM

Bill Montana
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1719 Posts

Profile of celebrity
E-mail sent!

Kind regards Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Two gone two left.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

That's two gone one left. sorry
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Sent you an e-mail
Magic is a vanishing art.
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Email sent!

Regards,

Mark
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

BAM all three are gone. If you made it in time Congrats. If you missed it you may have gotten something else from the archive for trying. This was the fastest the copies went. Hope you all enjoy the new work. Please feel to let me know your thought on this effect.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2088 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Dang... missed it. That's what I get for eating supper Smile

Regards, Steve
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1368 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey lads,

For once I didn't miss out on some free stuff Smile One of the perks being home on a saturday night though in my defense I'm in crutches due to footballing injury..the joys!

The effect is actually very very clever,I have no idea how anyone would be able to come up with something like this..I can only imagine the time involved to create such an effect. Fair play to Bob Mason Smile

The effect itself is simple to perform yet with the right presentation I think could be quite powerful..Im not into cards myself but I actually really like this..minutes after reading the method I tried it on my long suffering girlfriend and bro,went down well! Even my girlfriend smiled with approval..a rare thing indeed..well outside the bedroom anyways...

Good stuff!

Pete
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3222 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Is really good stuff!
I tried also to my girlfriend and work wonder!
Thanks Bill!
Great job really!
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Only had time to run through this once, but Pete has it right- the correct presentation and this will fool the pants off people (therefore, I would suggest only performing this for people you would like to see pantless Smile).

Seriously, this is good stuff as was the "Ultra Die Prophecy" I received from Bill the other day. Check out his website if you haven't already.

JD
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2760 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Sounds interesting but can't find any info on it.....

Tom
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2820 Posts

Profile of lunatik
So what's the price on this
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Under 10.00 pm me for more information
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Hi Guys, Some of you asked about what false mix was used by Bob Mason. Bob learned his false mix from Dai Vernon. This is the sloppy looking mix that's in many books on magic. The cards from the top go on the bottom and cards form the bottom go on top...and its done sloppy. I have forgotten its exact name of this but the veg description should point you to this mix with out revealing secrets in the open forum. Also, I will find the original notes written by Bob and post them in the Banquet in a couple of days. He also used something called an up and down shuffle it is an alternative to the Faro and very easy to do.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2293 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
This is very genious.

Why didn't I think of this??

Hehehehehehe

Clever thinking.

alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4611 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Agreed, about "clever thinking". And the finale.

:)
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
I had only time to read this now...

Kudos to Bob Mason (and to Bill Montana who made this available again!)
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1255 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Ordered!
:)
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Astone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Astone
The concept is really smart and for that reason it is good value for the asked price.

Pierre
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » BAM is Back (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL