The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicjack624
View Profile

Beaverton, Oregon
0 Posts

Profile of magicjack624
Hi, My name is Jack Baugh. I live in beaverton Oregon. I have been doing magic for about 16 years. I also manufacture various magic items, mostly trick card decks. I pride myself on the quality of everything I make. I actually got started manufacturing because I was sick of the barely passable quality of things when I purchased them. Other magicians saw what I started making for myself and they wanted the same for themselves. That's how I got started about 13 years ago. I honestly enjoy making something I can be proud of and selling it at a reasonable price. Price was another issue I had with the big manufacturers. I heard about this site from a member who advised me to join. I was a member of S.A.M. 59 in Portland, Or. for several years, but let my membership lapse because I was rarely able to attend meetings due to my work schedule. I look forward to being a part of this site. I am looking for ways to expand my network. To be honest I am not very good at marketing myself or my products. well, that's enough about me for now. Questions or comments are always welcome.
Thanks
What's in a name? Mine is Jack Baugh
ealexm
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of ealexm
Welcome Jack. I am also newly registered here.

You said you make trick Card Decks and mentioned "barely passable" quality of purchased items.

I am interested in sources for same (face) both sides deck and roughed-faces deck.
I do not see these when I search online.

Also, I stopped using end-strippers in the late 50s because of the quality.

I have a perfect application for some blank face cards that are just a little wide in the middle of the long edge in order to quickly and surely cut right below such a key card. It might be too expensive because you cant add material to a stock card easily. They had those in the old days.

Currently trying a corner short, but find it awkward. Maybe Martin Nash's infinity card idea would be ok. Infinity works fine with a relatively new deck, but my trick has 8 words written on each card for a mental effect and I want to have it last a long time. Any suggestions?

Do you know a source for alphabet cards with indices and plain letters - no pictures?

Do you have the capability to make any of these items?

Alex
"The universe is almost like a huge magic trick and scientists are trying to figure out how it does what it does"
Read more at: http://www.azquotes.com/author/5341-Martin_Gardner
magicjack624
View Profile

Beaverton, Oregon
0 Posts

Profile of magicjack624
Hi, Some of what you are looking for I can do. I make strippers that I think you would be very happy with. As far as the blank face cards you want to cut to.... I make a deck called a control deck that might work. It is basically a deck that all the cards but one have been very slightly shortened. I can do this to any poker size deck. The one un-shortened card can then be cut to at any time with no problem (this could be your blank card/s). As far as I know, I am the only maker of this deck. As to a rough faced deck... I can rough any deck you like. I have bicycle stock on hand, but can do any specialty deck you care to send to me.
I'm not familiar with the infinity card effect so I cant comment on it. Sorry I don't know a source for alphabet cards.
The decks I currently make are Strippers, Mirage, Svengali, Invisible and Control.
I can occasionally handle special requests if you can describe what you need in detail. I work mainly in Bicycle stock. Hope some of this helps you.
What's in a name? Mine is Jack Baugh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL