The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » "Crimp Clink Crank Pass" and Coins Across (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
Well,

Vinny- my criticism was about the routine. The move itself looks great. The crimping technique looks good in your hands. But I'd only use this move for one of the phases, which is why I said the first phase is best and the routine degenerates as it goes along.

As a routine, I think it's flawed, because (a) you use the same move three times, and (b) The strongest phase is the first phase, because you can set that card in your right hand down and show your right hand truly empty before the reveal. I understand that this is less possible in the second and third phases, due to the size of the coins and the noise factor.

Here's a quick thought about how to use the move twice but have the second coin look different:

Maybe after the first coin goes, you can leave it to the right- perform a click pass using the crimp method with the two coins on the left only, and then you only have once coin held out to place under the card. You might be able to set the coin under the card, as in the first phase, and push them as one over the first coin. ("I put two in my left hand, and put the card back over the first coin... and a second coin goes across").

Just some creative criticism (which I think more people should offer, as opposed to blindly following whatever they're told).

Scott.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Scott thank you for you input. I would never use the click clank pass for a routine. I was just demonstration for the technique if you wanted to hold more than one coin say for a coins across or a matrix.
next month I teach this in a routine I call crimp trix it is a one handed matrix that uses some of the crimping techniques. I also I also unvail my Inhertia palm. that is agreat wasy to move coins in a matrix

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Isaw the Vinny Demo on the "Crimp Clink Crank Pass" today and I think it is one of the best sleights available. I want to thank him for sharing his creation.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Bambu thank you , the crimp palm for me is one of the most under used slights in coin magic. I can do just about anything form this slight I hope others will start using this palm it will open a lot of doors. The classic palm for me is over used . and looks terrible even for the most trined coin workers, most who use this palm look like they are squeezing oranges. a dead give away
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
The Crimp Palm is very disceptive. I've never seen other Magicians using this slight before with coins. I think this slight can be used for many different applications: Matrix, Coin to Glass, Okito coin box, etc.

I Thank Vin, Tim, Loren and MB for their support.

Paul
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
I'd like to thank Vinny for giving me the "Crimp Clink Crank Pass" move. That is a great example of generosity and the spirit of helping other magicians.

The move is eye-opening, as it looks so fair.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » "Crimp Clink Crank Pass" and Coins Across (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL