The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk vanisher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Profile of J.G. the magnificent
I was on a this website and found a thing called the no tip silk vanisher. Anyone know what it is? http://www.cards4magic.co.uk/acatalog/Accessories.html
Jeremy Gates
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No, I don't know what the gimmick is, you have 50 posts so you should be posting these types of questions in the private Banquet section.

Normally, you have to purchase items of this nature to find out what they look like and how they perform. That is the nature of magic and business of magic for sale.

That is why you will read on most all magic sites that, once the secret is known, you own the trick and their is no returns. Some will replace only for manufacturing defects only.

I would like to remind you this site, The Café, is here to help you, not to expose secrets of gimmicks. If you wnat to know what the trick does it is as the explaination given on the site you noted.

Can you get back to your other question here: click here
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5333 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t think Jeremy is asking for exposure. Come on! He didn't ask for the "secret" of the prop, if there is one. He is asking what it is. Is it just another Hank ball or similar prop?

Personally I think that this is a big problem in the "business of magic" and is one of the reasons people do ask all around about certain effects before they make the purchase - to find out if they are about to purchase a pig in a poke or a reasonable magic effect.

You're correct that most sleights state that there are no refunds/returns once the "secret" is known, but this is exactly how I have gotten burnt with substandard magic junk. It is a great method for keeping secrets, but it is also a wonderful method for selling crappy props at overinflated prices. Not all, of course, or even most; but enough to make folks want to ask around a bit before buying. But asking a simple question is not asking for exposure.

Jim
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7392 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I looked at the photo. It looks more like a silk blow gimmick. But it might be a silk poke type gimmick.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I looked at the photo too, and it does look like some type of silk poke gimmick to me.

I noticed it's made by Viking, so you might want to contact them to get more detailed information.

Ron
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Viking has made a metal better quality silk Poke gimmick over the imported plastic versions. His reasons are given in the discription Here
dsalley13
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of dsalley13
I have one of these Viking Silk-Poke gimmicks. They are very nice and built like a tank. I just wish it was a little bit bigger in circumference, so that I could use a standard thickness wand with it. As it is, it will only work with a pencil sized wand. I guess it's time for me to get some doweling and make my own slim wand.

dsalley13
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

I think I get what it is now then very similar to a product they have pictures of on Stevens Magic.
Jeremy Gates
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5699 Posts

Profile of Regan
The No-Tip Silk Vanisher is different because of how it is stolen away. I don't want to expose something that I shouldn't, so I'll just say it uses an ordinary object, other than a finger or thumb to make the steal.
Mister Mystery
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1751 Posts

Profile of wally
Just use a Vernet pull, no thumb tips.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Remember that vanishing a silk is automatic in performing Silk to Egg. Especially with the brown ceramic eggs, there is no reason to even produce the egg!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- This will also hold SIX 2" sponge balls!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-04 09:20, Bob Sanders wrote:
Remember that vanishing a silk is automatic in performing Silk to Egg. Especially with the brown ceramic eggs, there is no reason to even produce the egg!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- This will also hold SIX 2" sponge balls!

Bob, Silk to Egg is not the Vanishing Egg, it is a transformation of one object to another. Your eggs are making you very confused, please remember, member will think that the silk to egg is the vanishing silk. They believe in your expertise, and they could get confused.
J.G. the magnificent
View Profile
Special user
Griffith Indiana
886 Posts

Not sure about everything that was just said but. I would think you could stuff the silk into the stodari egg or silk ball. Then use a shuttle pass to ditch it. Thus enabling the reproduction anywhere. A typical silk vanisher using a pull or the other silk vanish described in the book involves it being gone without the possibility of it being reproduced. Never thought of this before thanks Bob.
Jeremy Gates
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Bill,

You can limit yourself to a transposition. There is no requirement to do that.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-04 15:50, Bob Sanders wrote:
Bill,

You can limit yourself to a transposition. There is no requirement to do that.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

Thank you, Bob! You are the best!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk vanisher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL