The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Eureka Springs Cavalcade of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm digging enough holes for
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
HERE ARE THE BASICS:

WHO: Magicians and their families from Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma. Texas, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Tennessee, and elsewhere.

WHAT: 39th Annual Cavalcade of Magic. (39th in Eureka Springs; Cavalcade was held elsewhere for several previous years.)

WHEN: Friday and Saturday, March 26 and 27, with a "Night Before" Get-together Thursday evening, March 25, for early arrivals.

WHERE: Best Western Inn of the Ozarks, on the western side of Eureka Springs, Arkansas (Special rate: $61.00 -- 1-800-552-3785; (479) 253-9768)

WHY: Of course, lots and lots of magic: performances, lectures, shows, vendors, and friendships -- old and new. Read on for more thoughts of why.

HOW: For the amazingly low registration fee of ONLY $75, your ENTIRE FAMILY can attend. You won't find that low of a registration fee anywhere else. And it hasn't increased for many years. This is a break-even labor of love for Bill and Ruth Pitts, part of their "giving back" to an industry which has been so good to them. Send registration fee to: Bill Pitts, 6214 Carthage St., Fort Smith, AR 72903.

SOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS (or, as they say -- FAQs -- Frequently Asked Questions).

Q. WHAT'S THE SCHEDULE?

A. Essentially, the convention runs all day Friday and all day Saturday, with shows Friday and Saturday evenings.
Registration will begin at 8:30 both days, but you can register whenever you arrive. At 8:30 the dealers will be open, too.

There will be a "Night Before" get-together Thursday evening, an informal gathering for anyone interested.

Q. WHEN IS THE FIRST FORMAL EVENT?

The first program event -- a lecture -- is scheduled for 10 am Friday. That means you could leave early Friday morning and get to the hotel before that first event, saving one night's lodging.

Q. WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE DAY, BOTH DAYS?

A. The final schedule is still being worked on and is evolving, but all day there will be lectures, special shows, dealer time, videos, and time for visiting. People are still registering, and many will just show up and register.

Q. WHAT DO YOU MEAN "SPECIAL SHOWS?"

A. Depending on how many people in each category attend, special shows planned include:

(1) Dealer Show(s). Dealers will demonstrate some of their products, as well as perform their specialties.
(2) Youth Show(s): Young people get a chance to perform, get tips and advice, get experience, and add items to their resumes, etc.
(3) "Magic Gals" Show(s): A special show featuring the women.
(4) Close-up and Stage Show(s): Friday and Saturday evenings.
(5) Collector's Workshop: bring apparatus or a trick you don't know how to work, and we bet someone will know how to work it. Bring your special collector's items and do a Show-and-Tell. Tell about a special collection of magic you have.

These will be spread throughout the two days of the convention. See the printed program when you arrive.

Q. WHO CAN PERFORM ON THE SHOWS?

A. ANYONE AND EVERYONE:. We encourage everyone to bring their things and stuff to perform. Listen for the invitation to sign up, then do it. Come show an oldie-but-goodie, or something new and on the cutting edge; something original. You name it. We'd love to see it.

Q. WHY NO BIG NAMES AT THE CONVENTION?

A. In the first place, some so-called "big names" may come, like they have in the past; we just don't promote them in advance. Secondly, bigger name folks usually cost a lot of money and thus the registration fee would have to be two, or three times more. We want to keep this as a small, affordable, and friendly gathering of magicians who want to learn and enjoy magic in a relaxed atmosphere.

Q. WHY INN OF THE OZARKS, and WHY EUREKA SPRINGS?

A. For several reasons: The Inn of the Ozarks has the best conference center in Eureka Springs, and the downstairs is big enough to hold everything we do, all in one big room. We can move smoothly from lectures to dealers to shows all in one place; no long walks. The Inn has a terrific restaurant just up the hill, and fun things to do for the rest of the family (swimming pool, arcade games, miniature golf, neat gift store, etc.). Go to their Web site and see lots of photos, including virtual tours, at: http://www.innoftheozarks.com. Call their toll-free number for reservations: 1-800-552-3785.

Eureka Springs is an incredible destination for vacationing, conferencing, visiting, shopping, seeing, and doing (even nothing). And it is located conveniently to magicians in a dozen states, in the beautiful Ozark Mountains. It's called "Little Switzerland" for good reason..

OTHER QUESTIONS, COMMENTS, ETC.: Contact your host Bill Pitts at BandRPitts@aol. com, or call him at (479) 484-7512.

See you in Eureka Springs in two weeks.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Yep! Of all the magic conventions in the world, this is the one that always gets on my calendar FIRST! (That has only been true for about thirty years!)

It is the convention for real magicians. Big names aren't used as bait because they come anyway. (And they pay to get in!) This where they visit with each other! It is relaxed, convenient, inexpensive, all about magic and the people of magic, and my friends are there where quality time is available with them. I view it as the magicians' family reunion. It is one of the best kept secrets of magic.

Notice that there are No Contests. The atmosphere instead is "Let me entertain you!"

It is entertainers entertaining each other. The public is invited to the shows.

If magical entertainment interests you, do yourself a favor and attend. Mark your calendar for March 25-27. I'll look forward to seeing you there.

Let me entertain you!

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
I look forward to seeing you and Lucy!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Reservations were quick and easy to make:

Best Western Inn of the Ozarks, on the western side of Eureka Springs, Arkansas (Special rate: $61.00 -- 1-800-552-3785; (479) 253-9768)

Bob and Lucy
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Just a week to go!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Making arrangements now to be on our way. I think Lucy is more excited than I am to see all the folks there.

If you aren't there, you'll have to wait for Linking Ring to read about it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Leaving in a couple of hours - can't wait!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Friday was a great day of magic. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Bob Sanders
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
tabman
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
5946 Posts

Profile of tabman
Dang!! Im sorry Im missing this. Eureka Springs is one of my favorite places. Hopefully next year I can make it. Bob, how long a drive is it for you from your place in AL?
...Your professional woodworking and "tender" loving care in the products you make, make the wait worthwhile. Thanks for all you do...

http://Sefalaljia.com
Larry Bean
View Profile
Inner circle
2016 Posts

Profile of Larry Bean
Largest attendance in many years. Great Cavalcade this year!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Larry,

It was a great Cavalcade of Magic! Ruth and Bill Pitts did a fabulous job again. We also know that it takes a cast of hardworking folks behind the scenes to make it work so well.

Thank you all!

Bob and Lucy Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Too much was on our plate, but I am going to try harder to make the Cavalcade in 2011. Will it probably be in March again? Actually I think that is a good time of year. Best, Ed
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It is always the last weekend of March. By all means, don't miss it!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Eureka Springs Cavalcade of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL