The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thin Paper Playing Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Im looking for some thin paper playing cards, preferable bridge sized. Basically I want to fire these out of an air cannon, and regular manip. cards have some weight, so when they 'tumble' downwards, it is rather bulky, and unelequent. I figure the thin paper cards would have some hang-time, creating more alluring asthetic experiences in terms of a lasting image which imprints upon the awareness.

If these are made, please let me know where I can find them. I believe Juliena Chen utilizes thin stock as such, perhaps I will 'shoot' her an email, hehe.

Farewell
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Why not have them printed on plain paper? Since you are only using them for the air cannon, the paper material could be as thin as they can be printed on. Hope this helps.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Good idea. I guess I might have to go this route.
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1886 Posts

Profile of Anatole
You might try just separating the front layer of paper from the rest of the card, as explained by Ganson in _Card Magic by Manipulation_. There's a youtube video that shows how at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAsO2y1QIVM

It's time consuming, but might meet your needs. I used to use this method to make cards for BP productions and also as part of the steps in making my own double face and double back poker-sized cards before Bicycle started printing them.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5852 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Instead of an air cannon, why not a clay pigeon launcher? You could get spin on the cards and they should loft farther. If you need more lift in the cards, put a breather crimp in each card and have the convex side up, when putting them on the launcher.
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
Wow, that is a great idea!
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1755 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I can provide thin cards but I think the other idea is better as thin cards are more expensive and need much more care than regular cards.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Thin Paper Playing Cards? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL