We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My 2010 Book (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1415 Posts

Profile of MDantes
I was not doing anything other than sharing thoughts on the matter.

Lest we forget.

It happens sometimes.
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
hypblake
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of hypblake
Quote:
On 2011-09-12 21:26, sychou wrote:
Quote"If you want to rollover for Jerome then that's your business. Not everybody wants to rollover and take it."
Well said. It's Jerome's duty to make sure everyone get what they paid. He got hundreds of money from many buyers,
can't he take extra few dollars to make sure the book was sent the the buyer by mail tracking service?
Bedsides,why can he accuse buyer a thief without evidence?He need apologize. Not stay behind and letting his defender speak for him and covering his bad custome service.

If you have the PDF and you did what Jerome told you to do you should have made thousands back. A very good ROI. Get off the computer get out of your chair and actually perform. Use the information! That is what you paid for so now go out and use it! I want the hard bound book too. I know at some point I will get it. Right now I am worried about actually performing and using the information that I have. I'll get the book when I get it. GO PERFORM!!!
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Let me tell you why I need to get the book,firstly I paid for the book,not PDF.
Second,I hate reading those little words on the computer,not good for eyes.
Third,in my contry,I can not print the PDF out even I told the print shop that I bought the PDF,because it's against the law.
Why I don't perform?Because most of the time,I had to make a living through hard work for a long time everyday.
Magic is my life time hobby and greatest intrest,but not the way I make money.
Only when I have spare time can I study magic,especially mentalism. I enjoy learning magic and mentalism and creat my own effects,but seldom do I have time to perform.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Davit,
You're always good for a laugh. Nice to see you alive and kicking!

sychou,
You're not getting another book.

;)

:.jf.:
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Jerome,you still couldn't prove you really ship the book,and you should apologize for accusing me a thief.
If you have time to post here,you should have time to fix the problem.
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
You know me Jerome... I'm an equal opportunities critic shining the light of justice wherever the shadows may fall. Brighten up Smile
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Quote:
On 2011-09-13 14:28, TT2 wrote:
Davit,
You're always good for a laugh. Nice to see you alive and kicking!

sychou,
You're not getting another book.

;)

:.jf.:

Spiritual
sychou
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of sychou
Kevin Cook,seriously,what do you mean?
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Quote:
On 2011-09-19 12:24, sychou wrote:
Kevin Cook,seriously,what do you mean?

I was being sarcastic. I do not support Mvanah Maloti.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12035 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Crap, selling stuff as well as buying is getting very stressful these days as the post office is tanking.

D
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Quote:
On 2011-09-21 05:07, Decomposed wrote:
Crap, selling stuff as well as buying is getting very stressful these days as the post office is tanking.

D

True
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
325 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
Energetic Touches has no method.
Finley basically says over and over,
"Believe and it WILL happen (usually)."

He cites charlatans such as George Dillman as proof
that "no touch knockouts" and reiki pocus is real.
He even suggests his readers to google "George Dillman video"
as proof of this. I did just that, and I'm underwhelmed.

Sure, Dillman's students play along, but if any skeptics or
regular people are not receptive (i.e., it doesn't work)
Dillman says they must've had one toe pointing down and the other toe
pointing up...which shields the chi power. Or, Dillman adds,
it could be that their tongue was in the wrong position, so that's why it didn't work.

Those are actually some handy lines when you want to perform Energetic Touches.
I find that "gaffless, propless" mentalism, as Jerome advertises his work,
usually translates to, "an indirect, wordy, long-winded spectator selection process
before finally getting a spectator who says,
'Yeah...I think I might've felt a tingle or something maybe, that's neat.'"
The most engaging virtual magic show by the stupendous zoom magician Jon Finch.
Galileo
View Profile
Elite user
Somerville MA
431 Posts

Profile of Galileo
Was reviving a 3 year old thread to rant about a user who is no longer welcomed on the Café necessary?
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1363 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
That wasn't ad hominem. He's commenting on the work for a specific effect.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
If the comment was relevant, then yes, I'd say.

And there's no such thing as a Reiki Pokus, Reiki Poke or even a Stage event of 'Reiki Focus' (if that was what was meant).
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Michael Zarek
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
923 Posts

Profile of Michael Zarek
I also find the comment irelevant, it's pointless to ressurect old threads just to !@#$% that you didn't like an effect.
Also (keeping the author out of equation right now) the effect actually works, with almost anyone I would say and the basis of the method is not based on just suggestion or "Believing it will work".
Reader discretion is advised.
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
325 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
I didn't know Finley was no longer welcome here.
I've been gone from the Café for a few years.

This is not the first time I've been rebuked for resurrecting threads,
so I'm wondering whether the way I'm looking for threads
is different from the way most people look.
I tried to sort them by date, but apparently that function is not possible at the Café.

When I said Reiki Pocus,
I was just saying I don't believe in Reiki
(sounds like 'hocus pocus').
That said, I'm not 100% sure.

Michael, I'm glad that this effect is working for you.
After 76 pages written on ET (I read through the 9 phases, more than half,
then skimmed the rest having found no real method), I can't see how you can say
that the basis of the method is not based on suggestion or believing it will work.

All I remember (it's seriously a mammoth explanation of an effect),
is suggestion after suggestion, most of the suggestions hoping to achieve
a state of belief and expenctancy in the audience.

The 3rd method
(after the 1st, a great deal of suggestion and 2nd,
believing it "WILL" happen)
can't even be called a trick.
I'm guessing you're referring to this part of the method.
There's no clever method, it's essentially just, "Learn Reiki or some similar spiritual discipline, as that will help a great deal...then do this for real.
Tap into the "universal life energy" and shoot it at the spectator.
And add on top of it a lot of suggestions and outs for when it doesn't work.

If you ever bought a book on how to read minds (and I have),
and in the book it told you to stare at a spot on the wall
for 30 minutes a day (and I have),
and after much practice, you found you couldn't read minds.

Maybe what I'm suggesting is that...
I was going to say this sort of book
shouldn't be advertised on a website
where most members own sponge bunnies,
double-backers,
and a thumbtip.
That suggestion could probably be interpreted as a compliment.
The most engaging virtual magic show by the stupendous zoom magician Jon Finch.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
"After 76 pages written on ET (I read through the 9 phases, more than half, then skimmed the rest having found no real method), I can't see how you can say that the basis of the method is not based on suggestion or believing it will work."

So what your telling us is that you did not really read the effect your yelling about - you just read some of it then skimmed over the rest. In addition you have not tried it, if I am not mistaken the term for that is contempt prior to investigation.

I am not yelling at you In fact its just the opposite I am going to attempt to explain this type of mentalism. yes that's right folks Bill Montana may have just been down the rabbit hole doing research for far too long and he has come back mad as a hatter.

Simply put this style of an effect is classified as esoteric mentalism. I would like to add that esoteric mentalism is not for everyone. Myself I love this kind of stuff and most of you who know me know I really do love this type of work. So that bring me to the next point in this conversation. With most esoteric mentalism (but not all) the methodology is hidden within a chain of dialog where in the method in explained by building from one concept or conceptual ideology to the next and when all of the foundational concepts are brought together they form the method to work the effect or to bring about a result of these actions to produce an affect.

Now I will say Jerome at times get a bit windy in some of his works but he does not leave anything out in these terms either providing you have a basic understanding of this type of mentalism or understand what is is about. As where I have once or twice choose to skip the main coarse and get right to the cake. Sometimes this is go way to go and at other times the work could have used another 100 or so pages of background information to make the concept of the methodology perfectly clear. Now should you take the time to read the entirety of the effect and if you can put together the chain of dialog between the mind of the author and you as a reader you may have a new outlook upon this effect. Then again you may make a choice that esoteric mentalism is not to your liking but only choose this after you try the a couple of the effects from this strange and wondrous world of esoteric mentalism. Perhaps the most important thing about this style of mentalism is that it should only be performed in the correct context. When this style of work is done in the correct environment it is extremely strong. But if your working doing mentalism on the street or in a pub then this sort of mentalism may not be right for that environment.

The other thing about this type of mentalsim is sometimes (more often than naught) what the author was telling you will not sink in for a while then one day a situation will pop up and everything that the author said will magically become clear. This last statement does not only apply to the field of esoteric mentalism but most magic and mentalism as well. Ofttimes these concepts and ideas are just small fragments hidden within a sentence or are a one or two sentences long at most. All I can say sometimes is wow. This is why I love books on mentalism its not for the effect which I think is just the bonus materiel to convey that one simple and tiny conceptual idea that has more worth than the book itself.

I even give you an example of this but you will need to go back and read the book in its entirety. If you read Artful Mentalism again I will bet you that Bob has hidden at least one or more of these nuggets in each of the effects. I even give you a hint what to look for – Look for the simplest thing its that thing you thought you knew when you read it the first time but some how it never dawned on you how really practical that single idea is or was. Mainly because its so simple you may even give it no thought this time through either. This happens a lot but one day when the light bulb turns on in the darkness of our minds then we all exclaim “that's Genius”. Then we wonder why we did not pay attention earlier and begin to kick ourselves. Then it dawns on us that we as performers were just not ready to take the next step. How's that old saying go “when the student is ready the teacher will appear”.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
How's that old saying go “when the student is ready the teacher will appear”.

Very true. But sometimes sayings like that are used to excuse poor teaching.

It is certainly true that incredible wisdom, insight and working knowledge is contained in the works of Bob Cassidy, it is not necessarily true of all writers and "creators".
genius
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of genius
Was it you that wrote The Bridge, or was it someone else?

Mindblowingly,
Charles

Quote:
On Nov 4, 2014, MentalistCreationLab wrote:
"After 76 pages written on ET (I read through the 9 phases, more than half, then skimmed the rest having found no real method), I can't see how you can say that the basis of the method is not based on suggestion or believing it will work."

So what your telling us is that you did not really read the effect your yelling about - you just read some of it then skimmed over the rest. In addition you have not tried it, if I am not mistaken the term for that is contempt prior to investigation.

I am not yelling at you In fact its just the opposite I am going to attempt to explain this type of mentalism. yes that's right folks Bill Montana may have just been down the rabbit hole doing research for far too long and he has come back mad as a hatter.

Simply put this style of an effect is classified as esoteric mentalism. I would like to add that esoteric mentalism is not for everyone. Myself I love this kind of stuff and most of you who know me know I really do love this type of work. So that bring me to the next point in this conversation. With most esoteric mentalism (but not all) the methodology is hidden within a chain of dialog where in the method in explained by building from one concept or conceptual ideology to the next and when all of the foundational concepts are brought together they form the method to work the effect or to bring about a result of these actions to produce an affect.

Now I will say Jerome at times get a bit windy in some of his works but he does not leave anything out in these terms either providing you have a basic understanding of this type of mentalism or understand what is is about. As where I have once or twice choose to skip the main coarse and get right to the cake. Sometimes this is go way to go and at other times the work could have used another 100 or so pages of background information to make the concept of the methodology perfectly clear. Now should you take the time to read the entirety of the effect and if you can put together the chain of dialog between the mind of the author and you as a reader you may have a new outlook upon this effect. Then again you may make a choice that esoteric mentalism is not to your liking but only choose this after you try the a couple of the effects from this strange and wondrous world of esoteric mentalism. Perhaps the most important thing about this style of mentalism is that it should only be performed in the correct context. When this style of work is done in the correct environment it is extremely strong. But if your working doing mentalism on the street or in a pub then this sort of mentalism may not be right for that environment.

The other thing about this type of mentalsim is sometimes (more often than naught) what the author was telling you will not sink in for a while then one day a situation will pop up and everything that the author said will magically become clear. This last statement does not only apply to the field of esoteric mentalism but most magic and mentalism as well. Ofttimes these concepts and ideas are just small fragments hidden within a sentence or are a one or two sentences long at most. All I can say sometimes is wow. This is why I love books on mentalism its not for the effect which I think is just the bonus materiel to convey that one simple and tiny conceptual idea that has more worth than the book itself.

I even give you an example of this but you will need to go back and read the book in its entirety. If you read Artful Mentalism again I will bet you that Bob has hidden at least one or more of these nuggets in each of the effects. I even give you a hint what to look for – Look for the simplest thing its that thing you thought you knew when you read it the first time but some how it never dawned on you how really practical that single idea is or was. Mainly because its so simple you may even give it no thought this time through either. This happens a lot but one day when the light bulb turns on in the darkness of our minds then we all exclaim “that's Genius”. Then we wonder why we did not pay attention earlier and begin to kick ourselves. Then it dawns on us that we as performers were just not ready to take the next step. How's that old saying go “when the student is ready the teacher will appear”.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » My 2010 Book (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL