The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reading a bill from the back (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Just after posting this in Money Madness I thought perhaps it should have been posted here also. In this month's Linking Ring there is an article entitled Money Matter describing a method for determining one $1 bill from another by looking only at the back of the bill. I had never seen this mentioned anywhere else before. Ed Solomon wrote the article and offers his presentation of an effect using this method. All bills are borrowed. Would be interested in hearing other ideas using this method.
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I read the same article tonight it was very intersting I had never seen this method before either.
rgranville
View Profile
Elite user
Boston area
462 Posts

Profile of rgranville
I haven't read the article, but Kenton Knepper presented his Five Bill Miracle on Desert Brainstorm Series, Vol. 2 close to ten years ago. He reveals how you can distinguish one bill from another looking only at the backs. Does the current article use a different method?

By the way, I just pulled out my wallet. It works for fives and twenties, too. (I bet it works for tens, but I don't have one right now.)

And of course, this is for U.S. tender. Don't know if this helps people outside the States.

:banana:
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1739 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Alain Nu has some work on this as well. At the moment I don't know which book he published in as I'm aware from my personal library but I would guess Mind over Matter.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Just verified that the similar "markings" can be found on the 5,10,20,50, and 100 bills. Sure fooled me. Talk about potentail!
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
Bryn Reynolds has used this for a published routine.
CAROLINI
View Profile
Special user
607 Posts

Profile of CAROLINI
Nevre read about these markings in anything by Bryn. What is your source tpax?
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5852 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Linking Rings come across my desk and I never have the time to go through them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Reading a bill from the back (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL