We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Mullica Wallet problem (maybe) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dano
View Profile
Loyal user
Centerville, OH
240 Posts

Profile of Dano
I just received a new Mullica (the one with the clear holder with the slot in it). The 2nd wallet really fits tight.The 2nd wallet also appears to be a checkbook holder that would never fit in the slot with checks in it.

My questions are:
1. Will it eventually loosen up when inserting and removing? (The instructions enclosed say that Mullica inserted the entire checkbook wallet in the slot on the right side rather than just half of it). No way is this going to happen with mine (it's just too big and thick already) Ergo the checkbook in the wallet problem as well.

2. Would I have been better off with the BKM with the "New twist on the Mullica insert" (whatever that means?) Does it work any smoother?

Any advise is appreciated., Thanks All

Smile
"Magic" is merely an illusion, but "Perception" is reality!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Hey Dano,

I am on my third Mullica wallet (having worn out the first two). My third is just as you describe. What I did was to put in an old book of checks, then only slide the back of the inner check book (the one with the special something) into the slot and then pull it out when needed. That seems to work great for me.

I bought a BKM wallet from L&L, and returned it. The leather was so thin/light weight that the weight of the playing card (you know that is not a lot)pulled open the slit, making it visible to the spectator, which was unacceptable. Louis Falanga let me send it back for credit.

Try the above mentioned idea with your Mullica Wallet.

Have a good one,

Bob Phillips
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1124 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
The recent batches of Mullica wallets do have a real tight grip with the inner wallet. I've also got one of the earlier ones that doesn't have this problem. I just don't tuck the smaller wallet into the larger wallet; rather I just keep it sort of "riding" inside the larger wallet. The handling is pretty much the same. Plus I don't use this as my everyday wallet, so it doen't make a difference.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11175 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I have always just inserted the back half of the inner wallet into the pocket and have never had a problem.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This wallet is a standard wallet that can be purchased from a good department store. Only one half of the check book goes into the pocket. This is so you can write a check without removing the whole checkbook holder. As with all leather wallets, it will loosen up with use and body heat.

Magic Methods is the only authorized dealer for the Mullica Wallet. If you did not purchase from them, then let the buyer be ware.
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
The Magic Methods reference is not true, Jerry Mentzer (of Magic Methods) wholesales the Mullica Wallets.
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
782 Posts

Profile of mdspark
I bought mine from Magic Methods retail..its been a long time ago though
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I personnally know Tom Mullica from his years at Abbott's Magic in Colon, MI. When I purchased his wallet from him at a Texas Convention. He told me he sold the exclusive rights to Magic Methods.

There are info on his sight to purchase from him, and yes he does Wholesale his products to other dealers. He supplies a large printed instruction booklet with the wallet.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
698 Posts

Profile of oombob
I have been trying to stre-etch the right hand side of my Mullica by inserting several pieces of stiff cardboard and leaving it in (kind of like the way shoe-trees work). It seems to be working.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
698 Posts

Profile of oombob
Well...after a few days of inserting layers of cardboard etc. into the extra wallet compartment to stre-etch it and then letting the wallet sit for a day or two with the cardboard in it.... I now have no problems inserting (or removing) the entire extra wallet.

Shazam!
CaptRitz
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of CaptRitz
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 01:37, oombob wrote:
Well...after a few days of inserting layers of cardboard etc. into the extra wallet compartment to stre-etch it and then letting the wallet sit for a day or two with the cardboard in it.... I now have no problems inserting (or removing) the entire extra wallet.

Good idea!
Leather can be stretched easily by moistening slightly, also
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Mullica Wallet problem (maybe) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL