The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Odd Quad by Daryl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
majikandy
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of majikandy
Hi,

Has anyone heard of a small packet trick called "Switch Backs"?

I first found it in 1995/6 ish, in a small magic stall in Manchester, but lost my instructions (and hence any record of who distributed it / created it)

it's based around a twisting the ace's kind of routine (although I think the original cards were Kings), where you show the four cards face up. Then one turns face down, then you show it face up again, then another turns face down, then face up etc etc until all four have turned down, then up again. each time showing a red* back. The spectator is asked about the colour of the backs, only to show they were all blue. As a kicker you then show that in fact none of the cards had red or blue backs.

originally they all ended with budweiser backs, but now I do it with four different colour backs (black, green, orange, and white bikes)

I still use it, so I'm not bothered about getting the instructions, but I'd love you know who created it.

*or blue (in which case you show red backs in the 2nd phase)

sorry to add this to the end of this thread, but this is teh closest effect I've found to switchbacks, so I thought I'd ask here.

many thanks

Majik
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Odd Quad by Daryl (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL