The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » CD Minipulation question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
I have a whole routine and know a decent amount about CD Minipulation but one thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to make the effect where it looks like half of a CD and then you visually see it restore...

I am not necessarily looking for someone to blurt out the method but does anybody know how to do this effect?

Just looking for feedback and sources.

Thanks!
- Marc Hamel
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I do know the method.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
Cool, Would you mind sharing source... If you want you can send me a message with method but just the source is fine too...
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Eddie Ray.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
I looked up the Eddie Ray method but its not exactly what I'm looking for. I could make that but the one I saw it looked almost as if the missing part grows back...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2010-03-17 11:47, MHamel wrote:
I looked up the Eddie Ray method but its not exactly what I'm looking for. I could make that but the one I saw it looked almost as if the missing part grows back...

So where did you see it?
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
I have seen in in FISM done by Han Seol- Hui. Also I saw some random kid on youtube do it. haha. Since I don't know what its called I cant help much more. If I knew the name I could just do my research...

Ill try to post a link
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This is not avaiable as a commerical item for sale to my knowledge.

If it is possible to find the person that posted the video on YouTube, then search that person.

A note by Jeffleemagic says it is his idea. A Taiwan magician, so that may be a way to see if he would part with the working.

Things noted from the video, it is started out with CD in the hand, both sides not shown before or after effect. This may limit the presentation in a routine, it may be okay for stage magic only.
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
Im not worried about limitations as I already have a CD routine in my stage show full of switches and loads. However this would be a good effect to throw people off. Almost like a mess up and then surprise.

I know its not commercial as ive only seen a couple people do it. However I know it can be made easily with the knowledge of method. It was performed by Han Seol- Hui the past few years in the FISM Stage Competition.

to see some of my CD routine visit my site. Go to videos and then it is the top right video at the end.

http://www.theartofillusions.com

But Thanks for the suggestions...
MHamel
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
71 Posts

Profile of MHamel
Oh also I forgot to mention I did send the user a message and I will let you guys know how that turns out...

Thanks everyone for helping! Any further advise is greatly appreciated!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » CD Minipulation question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL