The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Translation Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
I have been looking at the Slate routines in Practical Mental Magic, does anyone have any idea as to what a silicate board is in today's terms. Not really interested in purchasing a $60 - $100 set of slates when all I need is a silicate board.
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
"Pure Calcium Silicate Board are specially used in Non-ferrous metal fields. These board have the characters of free-asbestos, high temperature resistance, high strength, low thermal conductivity, non-wetting, thermal shock resistance and very good machining property. These board can be easily machined to precision components, and widely used in Non-ferrous metals casted, found, glass field and steel industry".

One supplier is http://www.calciumsilicateboard.com

The early type boards contained asbestos. I do not know if the new manufacturing process will work for your needs. I can tell you the stuff you want is not real cheap. It may be better to buy a good quality set of slates. The Pure Calcium Silicate Board are only available in white as this may be another problem.

The real question is why do I even know what the stuff is?

Hope this helps
BM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Translation Please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL