We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Switchcraft-a word of testimony (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I was raised Southern Baptist, and dearly beloved, the spirit is moving, so I feel the need to testify!

Switchcraft is, in my opinion, the single best bargain in the history of digital products in the field of mentalism. The current update is nearly 500 pages, has more useable material than the entirety of the rest of my ebook collection, and all for $20. Though I've tended to use the Center Tear as my principle billet tool, as I've worked more with switching, I find my self opening the file over and over again. If, as some assert, that all mentalism is really billet reading, then Elliott Bresler may become as significant a name as Annemann, with respect to his lasting and worthy contribution. Simply marvelous.
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
Switchcraft is a fantastic collection of work. It's a great resource when creating new material. Highly recommended.

-rob
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2141 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Signed and certified
blackESP
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of blackESP
Elliot Bresler made a believer out of me.
sbays
View Profile
Inner circle
Burbank, CA
1045 Posts

Profile of sbays
Agreed! This is a MUST have treatise for billet work, and is certainly up there with what I believe to be the best material on the subject. Outstanding material, and at the price .. well, its foolish not to get it.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2991 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, gentlemen.

I was wondering why I sold a copy yesterday Smile

Elliott
MDantes
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1403 Posts

Profile of MDantes
Yes.

(throws hands up)

Lordamercy.

It is true, E's work is SOLID.

If you ain't got it... you need to.

(nods)

for real.

MD
S.A.N.C.T.U.M Chapter 18

Member 17
Chris K
View Profile
Inner circle
2495 Posts

Profile of Chris K
My opinion:

Whether or not you use billets in some form (and you SHOULD), Switchcraft represents a set of techniques that will make your life easier, your effects more versatile, and your performances more impactful.

Example: I use a dismemberable zombie doll (http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/plush/ac4a/) for my take on Patrick Redford's excellent Impossible Object effect from Mendacity. He offers a perfectly good method for one small portion of the effect. However, my method uses the clip switch from Switchcraft (p. 20 of 483!) and I think it is simply ideal.

JUST-GET-THIS-THING.

Ok, that's my piece so I will only add that I paid for my copy way, waaaay back. Do not know the author, have never met the author, and do not even know if I know anybody who knows the author personally. I have nothing to gain for my recommendation and want nothing. This is simply that good, not even taking the price into consideration.

PS- Am I a freaking idiot, how did I miss that Square is available for purchase on Patrick's site?!?!?!
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Yup...one of my biggest pieces of entertainment is from Switchcraft.

It hits them deep and is a joy to perform as well, what more can one ask for?!

-Scott M
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1737 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
Lemniscate,

No idiot! It has been on pre-order for a few months and just went live officially today. You haven't missed anything! It's been hush, hush, about Square but I don't wish to high-jack this thread away from the amazing product that is Switchcraft!

Switchcraft is an amazing resource and well worth the asking price and then some.
The Futurist
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of The Futurist
Yeah, Switchcraft is absolutely superb! Elliott has a real talent for exposition and there is a lot of great material in there; it is the mentalist bargain of the 21st century.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2991 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you so much, guys. I really appreciate your posts. I’ve received a bunch of great contributions for future supplements, but have been remiss on getting them out due to my usual busyness at this time of year. That said, I think I will start releasing them in April or May.

Elliott
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
I finally broke down and printed mine out. It is fantastic, and the supplements are awesome. They just kept comming so I never wanted to print them out, but I wanted a hard copy to peruse and practise with.

Seriously the bible of billets. Now I have found an LPI I am just itching to try it out using the ideas in Switchcraft.

Tony
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Switchcraft changed my mind about the possibilities. I used to think of billet work as something to use in the mechanics of an effect where now, I'm thinking in terms of an entire set or two or more with nothing but billet work. I should print it out also.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1903 Posts

Profile of chmara
My endorsement of this magnificent work has a major caveat. IF YOU ARE ADD PRONE (as I am) DO NOT GET THIS. You will try to do everything in it -- and go slightly crazy. There is too much good stuff and making choices of which to learn and to use confounds the rational mind, bringing out the worst case of "I have to try this one" I have ever suffered.

Then - just when the flashes of insanity passed -- Elliott sends a supplement with more ideas and moves than a politician on the campaign trail ---- I wanted to move to a deep mine and just try everything to perfect it before striking out into the world in a quest for dominance... or maybe stay in the cave guarding the many, many secrets contained just in the supplement.

When I first purchased Switchcraft I was not prepared for such a thorough and practical study in the art. Now it is expanded to a D-Ring max notebook and I fear I shall never be worthy of trying each and every idea advanced.

So sadly -- I commend Elliott Bresler for this master-work -- and I beg magicians who are not serious students of mentalism to avoid buying this tome. It is made only for those of us who would be masters of this most essential and power tapping correlation of technique and tricks ever compiled and published . I feel it should be required reading needed for anyone asking to be deemed "Wizard."

Just my humble opinion though.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2443 Posts

Profile of NeilS
I echo all the praise. Switchcraft is an utterly fantastic and growing resource and full of so many workable ideas.

For mentalists it is a must buy.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
2991 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you Tony, JAlenS, Gregg and Neil.

I really appreciate your posts.

Elliott
Kim
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Kim
True, Switchcraft is an amazing deal.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Switchcraft has so many subtleties that you will use in your presentations, it's just amazing. Even if you do no billet work, you will derive great value from reading about the way in which presentations can be enhanced. The thinking behind the effects is so detailed, it's a fantastic read! Thanks for this one, Elliott.

Regards,
Mike
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1459 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Having just picked up a certain thick hard-backed volume at a ridiculously low price, I was moved to consider again magic's "best buys". Switchcraft still has to be number one on the list.

Barry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Switchcraft-a word of testimony (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL