The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to start? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MattMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Erie, CO
190 Posts

Profile of MattMagician
I just got a set of Fakini balls but I have absolutely no resources or knowledge as far as manipulation goes. Does anyone have any suggestions for beginner resources?
Matt Simonsen
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Here you go;

Books
Now You See It, Now You Don't; Bill Tarr
Routined Manipulations Vol. 1 and Vol. 2; Lewis Ganson
Tarbell Course of Magic, Vol. 2; Harlan Tarbell
It's Easier Than You Think; Geoffry Buckinghama
The Amateur Magician's Handbook, Henry Hay

DVDs;
Levent's Ultimate Guide to the Billard Balls (don't balk at the price just buy it. You will be glad you did)
Jay Leslie Ball Manipulation (Has some great ball and silk stuff)
Tim Wright's Billiard Balls
Jeff McBrides World Class Manipulation Vol. 1-3
Romaine: The Monarch of Manipulators

After you get a good working knowledge, then Practice, Practice, Practice and then Rehearse, Rehearse, Rehearse.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
John Booth's Marvels of Mystery has a great, simple, commercial routine. That's all you would need for a long time.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Pete,

This is the first time I have heard of Mr. Booth's routine. Where can I find the routine published?

You are always a wealth of info.

Thank you,
David Williams
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
In the book "Marvels of Mystery" complete acts are outlined in a simple and easy to understand way. I used much of his material in this book for my first ten years in magic.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Frank Garcia'a on Billiard Ball Book, a great place to start. Several simple outstanding routines from a professional.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Darkwing has some great suggestions. There are also some routines and ideas in Tarbell.

The hardest part is deciding what to do. You have to eliminate a lot of moves to not bore an audience. In that end, look at routines, think of patter or music you can use with it. For instance if they were golf balls, you could work a patter line about a golf tournament and all the balls landing on the green and not knowing which was yours.

Fakini's handle a little different on some moves than wooden or plastic balls. But you will learn quickly what you can and cannot do.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
MattMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Erie, CO
190 Posts

Profile of MattMagician
I have already started looking at Tarbell. The routine is relatively short (however there are places I can cut it down). Thanks for the advice!
Matt Simonsen
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The excellent booklet of Frank Garcia's is available from Magic Inc. here: click here $8.95 for the a wealth of knowledge, not bad.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Thank you Pete and Bill. I now have two other books I need to buy.

Richard thank you for the compliments.

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Where to start? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL