The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Wild Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mattmagic149
View Profile
Loyal user
Austria
215 Posts

Profile of mattmagic149
I am looking for a wild coin routine.

I do know David Roth's wild coin and it is quite nice.
Gary Kurtz's is also quite nice but I don't like the edge grip because I am always working surrounded and so the angles are really bad.
Curtis handling is in my opinion a little bit fishing and suspicious. Especially when he is changing the coins individually. The part where he changes the coins all together after his coins across is mindblowing and all the simultaneous changes of the coins.

But I was wondering if there are any other routines out there.
Practicing is like a bank, if you don't put anything in, you won't get anything out!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3944 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series vol. 2 - Copper Silver:
Twilight Zone Wild Coin (Rubinstein)
Merlini Purse Routine (Rubinstein)
Wild Coin (Roth)
WIld Coin With a Purse (Roth)
Workers Wild Coin (Roth)
Wild Coin (Gallo)
Wild Coin 2 (Gallo)
Wild Coin 3 (Gallo)

The New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD vol 11:
Chop Stick Wild Coin (Roth)

The New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD vol 13:
The Coin Chalice (Watkins)

2010 European Lecture Notes (Rubinstein)
In the Hands Wild Coin

I did performed this in Vienna, Graz, and Styer last month, maybe you got a chance to see it.

There are many other routines out there, by pretty much every coin magician.
First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a limited supply of books that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books are here and ready to ship!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Mat,
I have a Triple chinge wild coin On pg. 18 Of my Japan Notes! a Fingertip wild coin In my Fight plans book (The book on the locking half shell!) Pg. 13. a easy wild coin Called Easy Alchemy Pg. 13 of my Heavy work made easy notes! And in here comes the sun, and the moon ( ie Advanced routines for the Ultimate wild coin gaff! )I have a routine cslled Wild Impersonators! Pg.68. That's all that's in print yet! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I think you're talking about the fingertip wildcoin handling from Palms 2. That one, and Gary's, are designed to actually show more than one changed coin at a time. I have a more conventional handling that you may like, it's in the "Deceptions in Paradise" book (oop) and DVD (available from me, but I'm out right now) It's the one both Kainoa and I have used in restaurant work, so I know it's user-friendly as to angles. Not all that hard, either.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
kardillusions
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
424 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
I like the Beijing Coins Across from Curtis, but I'm also partial to David Roth's EG Wild Coin from Expert Coin Magic. Very clean looking, and no mug/cup required, as opposed to his more "famous" wild coin handling!

Scott.
Scott Baird
Insta @magicbaird
Olivier BIENVENU
View Profile
New user
France
61 Posts

Profile of Olivier BIENVENU
Quote:
On 2010-03-19 09:16, David Neighbors wrote:
Hi Mat,
I have a Triple chinge wild coin On pg. 18 Of my Japan Notes! a Fingertip wild coin In my Fight plans book (The book on the locking half shell!) Pg. 13. a easy wild coin Called Easy Alchemy Pg. 13 of my Heavy work made easy notes! And in here comes the sun, and the moon ( ie Advanced routines for the Ultimate wild coin gaff! )I have a routine cslled Wild Impersonators! Pg.68. That's all that's in print yet! Smile

Where is it possible to buy your lecture notes and books ? It looks like your website http://www.coinjurer.com does not works Smile

Olivier
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27096 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have a look in Harry Lorayne's Best of Friends Volume II.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Hi Olivier,
You can e-mail me at coinjurer@comcast.net For more info!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

I was looking trou my notes And found 3 More wild coin routines I forgot! 1. One stand-up wildcoin set ( Ie A production, change, and vanish) In my Stand and Deliver notes! 2. A wild coin handleing in my Let then Infinity no. 2 notes! 3. And A fingertip triple change wild coin in my Less then Infinity nots no. 1. Ok thanks gang!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
You might want to check Dr. Sawa's work on the wild coins.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
kardillusions
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
424 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
And don't forget Sanada's take on it. I mix his wild coin ideas in with Curtis' here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_EugnzIGNE

The "misdirection changes" and the one-handed spellbound change are Sanada's wild coin moves.

Scott.
Scott Baird
Insta @magicbaird
MarvinWang
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of MarvinWang
I second Dr. Sawa's Wild Coin, although I like Roth's work but I prefer Dr. Sawa on this one Smile
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Where can I find Dr. Sawa's wild coin material? And is sanadas wild coin in his creative coin sleights dvd?

thanks !
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Doug Brewer's version (on his DVD called Half and Half, vol. 1) is great. Three silver coins change to Chinese (or whatever) one at a time, then all change back to silver at the same time.

Your hands are seen otherwise empty at many points in the routine, and the changes themselves look very magical. Extra clean!

This is my favorite Doug Brewer routine and favorite Wild Coin handling. Another good (and ungaffed) one is by Nathan Kranzo, but I don't know if it's published (he taught it to me at a convention).

Cheers,
Jerry
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Hey Jerry,
How technical is doug's version, is it a real knucklebuster? I am looking at getting the DVD. Do you use halfs or dollars? Thanks for your help.

Also still looking for where I can find dr sawas wild coin. Thanks guys.

Ben
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Alex Conradi also has a new version which looks very similar to David Roth or Michael Rubinstein's excellent routines involving a cup to dump the changed coin after each transformation: the only difference is that in his routine the initial four silver coins are changed one by one into four fully different Chinese coins with both hands being always seen clearly holding only the coin which is changed. Very impressive, especially to the ones in the know of the Roth/Rubinstein approach which inspired Alex.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
3944 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Alex's idea is very nice! I think his performance is on YouTube
First edition and reprint of Rubinstein Coin Magic sold out in RECORD TIME! The good news, though, is that I have reprinted the book once again (they are selling like hotcakes!), so there are enough for everyone!! As such, and for the last time, I again have a limited supply of books that I can sign. All come with a special FREE GIFT until supplies are gone, so first come, first serve! To order, be sure to send me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com . The books are here and ready to ship!
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
And if anyone (USA ONLY) needs some of the coin stuff used in the book, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com as I have some limited supplies of coins and props used on the book.
benjie84
View Profile
Loyal user
New Jersey
234 Posts

Profile of benjie84
Hey Dave don't forget your triple change wild coin from your sound routines book!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4840 Posts

Thanks Benjie,
I had forgot about that! The rest of my wild coin stuff is not in print yet!
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6752 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2010-03-19 07:20, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series vol. 2 - Copper Silver:
Twilight Zone Wild Coin (Rubinstein)
Merlini Purse Routine (Rubinstein)
Wild Coin (Roth)
WIld Coin With a Purse (Roth)
Workers Wild Coin (Roth)
Wild Coin (Gallo)
Wild Coin 2 (Gallo)
Wild Coin 3 (Gallo)

The New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD vol 11:
Chop Stick Wild Coin (Roth)

The New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD vol 13:
The Coin Chalice (Watkins)

Some great sources here, guys!! I have to admit, though, the New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series vol. 2 is one of the best DVD's I've seen! In fact, the whole New York Coin Magic Seminar DVD series, is probably the best investment you could make for your DVD library, if you are a coin worker! No question!

David Neighbors, Curtis Kam are up there at the top as well. There are so many I have not seen yet, so I cannot comment. I have to admit, Curtis, your stuff is most definitely advanced. You do amazing work! I have tried and failed at a number of things you do! LOL!

David Neighbors is quite advanced too. Not beginner's stuff! Good topic!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Wild Coin (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL