The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Perfect Coin Across... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
In the NY Coin Magic Seminar DVD Disc #2 Bonus section Dr Rubinstein demonstrate the "Perfect Coin Across" set to music. IMHO is one of the best presentation of the Coin Across routine.

I wonder if this routine is explained in any of the NYCMS DVD's.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Take a closer look at the DVD (volume 1)...then report back here Smile
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
498 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Well, I watched all Dr Rubinstein routines in Volume 1 but couldn't find his "Perfect Coin Across" among them.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Keep looking...it's in the DVD's (volume 1). when I say keep looking, I mean look everywhere in the DVD. Happy hunting (I'd be very surprised if you really couldn't find it).

Best Smile

E.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Better than akiras or pontas coins across?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2010-03-19 20:20, Memory-Jah wrote:
Better than akiras or pontas coins across?

That's a matter of opinion.
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
You can simply say which one has better: angles, looks more fishy, more smooth, more convincing etc. there are thousand crtierias you can use to dtermine which one is "better".
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
I don't agree with you memory-jah because all of this conditions can be good and bad at the same time. Because it depends on what conditions you are performing.
I think its a matter of opinion.
Is there a vid showing that coins across on the web? I'd like to see it if it is that good Smile
JFact0r
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of JFact0r
Also check out Homer Liwag's Coinone. I love performing that piece! It really looks like magic imho. Smile
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I am not sure what [ to use for coinone. that's why I never performed it so far. I have no experiences with ['s. Some tricks require a [ which is half trimmed(?) (i mean you can slide the [ easily over the coin. So some some have an open edge, some not...
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
For Homer Liwag's Coin One you just need an ex*anded sh*ll. Later on you can spend more money if you wish.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Is the expended [ the one which is half cut open on the edge?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
No.

An "Ex*anded" sh*ll is one that is simply a bit larger than a regular coin, hence the word, "Ex*anded."

That half cut sh*ll you speak of here is I believe normally called a S**ppery S*m, where the regular coin can then slide in and out of the sh*ll instead of it being lifted up off the coin.

Though I suppose a SS can also be of the "ex*anded" variety as well and most times probably is. But in general terms they are two different gaffs with different usages.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Ah finally I am enlightened haha. Thanks mb for the info.

does anyone know where to get a single [ for Eisenhower dollars? before I got to the expensive (Morgan shells etc) stuff. I want to practise with cheaper coins I can afford.
Or does anyone of you have a Eisenhower expanded [ he wants to sell?
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 15:36, Memory-Jah wrote:
Ah finally I am enlightned haha. thx mb for the info.

does anyone know where to get a single [ for eisenhower dollars? before I got to the expensive (morgan shells etc) stuff. I awant to practise with cheaper coins I can afford.
or does anyone of you have a eisenhower expanded [ he wants to sell?

The best thing to do is keep a "look out" of the Tricks and Effects For Sale or Trade forum... and Johnson sells an affordable Eisenhower shell.

http://johnsonmagicproducts.com/shop/ind......ts_id=43

Unforunately, it's out of stock at the moment. If I find or run into any, I'll let you know. Smile
harry tim
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of harry tim
I bought my Eisenhower shell from misdirections magic shop in SF. Joe has everything online, but you can just call him for it directly:
415-566-2180

He's a great resource!
Harry
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 15:55, lorenwade wrote:
Quote:

does anyone know where to get a single [ for eisenhower dollars? before I got to the expensive (morgan shells etc) stuff. I awant to practise with cheaper coins I can afford.

The best thing to do is keep a "look out" of the Tricks and Effects For Sale or Trade forum... and Johnson sells an affordable Eisenhower shell.

Unforunately, it's out of stock at the moment. If I find or run into any, I'll let you know. Smile

just out of curiosity: is 60.00 Dollar cheap? I was expecting 25 dollar for a normal shell. this isn't todd lassen. any suggestions?
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 17:44, Memory-Jah wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 15:55, lorenwade wrote:
Quote:

just out of curiosity: is 60.00 Dollar cheap? I was expecting 25 dollar for a normal shell. this isn't todd lassen. any suggestions?

$60 is a very good price. A lassen would cost at least $100.

Keep in mind also, that Johnson makes some of the best COMMERCIAL gaffs available. That's a great price. Smile I'm sure you can get it cheaper, but Johnson is the perfect combination between affordability and quality. Smile
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Yeah but that would be for a morgan shell. not a cheap eisenhower o_O ***, I thought I can afford a shell....
magicjackson
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magicjackson
I got an Eisenhower set from TCRyder... Johnson, good stuff. Performing CoinOne with half dollars is a little tougher.

I agree with above, keep an eye out in forums for a good deal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Perfect Coin Across... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL