We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn David Blaine Performance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
In his latest special, "Dive of death" david blaine supposedly did extreme burn from richard sanders. I have this effect (2.0 ) and was wondering where I can find his performance on video of it. Did he hand the bills out? I've searched all through youtube but can't find his performance video. Can someone help me? I've heard he performed it there but can't find the video.

Thanks
Dan Bernier
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2298 Posts

Profile of Dan Bernier
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-r1WW5z-U&feature=related

It's near the end of this clip, at the ten minute and 10 seconds mark.
"If you're going to walk in the rain, don't complain about getting wet!"
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

That was awesome. Thanks I was just thinking about doing the turn over change too. I do the underground snap change, but thinking about doing the underground change last after I change the bills, and do the turnover for the first time. How does he hand them all out? It looks like he borrowed the bills too.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 02:41, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:
It looks like he borrowed the bills too.

You're not shown the entire routine......Smile Criss Angel has also performed the multi-bill switch on t.v.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-20 03:39, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 02:41, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:
It looks like he borrowed the bills too.

You're not shown the entire routine......Smile Criss Angel has also performed the multi-bill switch on t.v.

Really? Which one?
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J-cafgsECA

At about the :40 mark Criss Angel starts to perform Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500.

I like seeing Greg perform, and there are a bunch of clips of him performing out in public on that DVD. I especially liked Greg's waitress/actress joke, the woman who gave him a kiss (lol), and the part where no one is watching the magic because of the beautiful women next to him getting all the attention! Hahaha.. Smile
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Is the number you're thinking of...
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
THe criss angel performance of it is terrible, in my humble opinion
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3622 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
The only problem... how many of us can afford to give away the twenties???
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
View Profile
1988 - 2013
1095 Posts

Quote:
On 2010-03-20 09:09, mandarin wrote:
The only problem... how many of us can afford to give away the twenties???

I do it with fives, less money. I've heard you can also change $1's into $2's. Even less money and the bills are more interesting.

I've been having a lot of fun practicing it. It looks better now that the bills are slightly worn. I bought them new, but it seems you can break them in it looks better. It doesn't look as good as when richard does it, granted, but still looks not bad. I was a little concerned with the thickness of the bills/gimmick when put together. But it seems I built the gimmick correctly, you just don't let them stare at the bills too long. if you look at richards performances the flash is very brief.

I want to polish it up nicely and have everything down well before I perform this. Been practicing only about a week since I got it. I can't wait to perform this. I've heard the reactions are killer! My dad figures out all my tricks. We used to have our own magic biz. But he's just smart like that. After I got into get ready position he figured it out, I guess that action looks suspicious to him. I Continued with the trick anyway. The only trick that fooled him was the stone production.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3622 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Lesser money is at least less outlay for the effect. I am currently working of a patter line for going in the opposite direction- show 100's, let's say, and imply you are going to pass three of them out to lucky specs. After you have the three identified, say you are going to do some special magic you were shown to change them into 1000's. Of course the magic goes terrible wrong, ending with ones, which you sadly pass out...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Merlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Palmerton, Pa
362 Posts

Profile of Merlin
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 11:40, mandarin wrote:
Lesser money is at least less outlay for the effect. I am currently working of a patter line for going in the opposite direction- show 100's, let's say, and imply you are going to pass three of them out to lucky specs.

You could show the 100's and then change them, and say I will give you one, and you one, and you one. And since they are now one's, you will not be lying.
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Haha that's a great idea
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 05:03, Douglas Lippert wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J-cafgsECA

At about the :40 mark Criss Angel starts to perform Gregory Wilson's Hundy 500.

That's a horrible as I perform magic. And he's on TV.....
~Joe
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Waht was so bad about Criss' effect" ... check the audience reactions. That's all that matters.

And I hate to be so repetitive but I still like paper to One Dollar Bills as in Pat Page's. The audience sees strips of paper cut from a magazine and you change them into real money.

As I have said so many times, "If it was good enough for Fred Kaps, it's good enough for me." I like the premise.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Mr. Biro, he does this with paid audience members. They are paid to react.
~Joe
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1530 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I saw no problem with the performance. The audience outside the store liked it and that is all that matters. What should he have done differently? He changed 1's to 100's. That in itself is pretty darn amazing!
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Paid actors, everyone you see on criss angel's show are paid actors. I et even the people outside the store are being "controlled"
I still do not know why he is so famous when so many others, so many of you are so much more talented and gifted in this artform.
I'm sorry to turn this into a criss angel discussion, there are far to many threads on the subject as it is.
"confusion is not magic" so I have to agree with Mr Biro in that the simpler we make magic, the better reactions we will get.
Eli
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I've seen many other threads with discussion on TV artist... well, tv tricks, paid actors..... if he's making a good living, that's the right thing to do for him. Maybe we should all do just that. LOL
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1567 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Haha
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2010-03-20 02:19, Gospel Dan wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ-r1WW5z-U&feature=related

It's near the end of this clip, at the ten minute and 10 seconds mark.

The excitement he generates when he hands out the free money is understandable! Only in our dreams could we all dream of being able to duplicate that and create the same excitement every time we perform. (Amazing what a T.V. budget will do for ya'!

But sure would be nice!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Extreme Burn David Blaine Performance? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL