The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » You're A Coin Guy When... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
How would you complete this phrase? What makes someone a coin guy / gal? Are there routines that any self respecting coin guy must master?

What do you consider the industry standard? Like, don't start calling yourself a coin guy until you have mastered this, or that... Or until you have learned from this person, or that person? Or read this book, or that book?

Or maybe you need to have put in a certain amount of hours? Or developed certain calluses? Or purchased certain gaffs? Or maybe your coin roll must sit on the pillow where your wife's head used to lay (okay - that's a little over the top, I hope). But what would you say...

When is a person a coin guy?
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
You know your coin guy when you can go on way too long------!!! Or know way too many to many ways to do something! Ie. As Bill M. would Say " stop me when you see one you like" Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
You know you're a coin guy... when you feel qualified to respond to this thread!
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

You know your a coin guy when you know way too many Maxrix routines! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
A coin guy is a guy/girl who knows more than one or two effects and has more than one or two gaffs. You have routines rather than moves, and whatever you do looks polished and smooth. Your have several excellent working methods to vanish a coin so that you can choose the best one for the specific working conditions.

As far as specific tricks, you should be conversant in most of Bobo's, Roth and at least one or two other "Up and Commer's."

Which routines you choose to do, is up to you.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Ok-Ok But Seiously Forks You know Your a coin Guy When someone Can hand you 4 coins and you can do 15- mins. or so of GOOD STUFF!!! Then IS when you can think about ringing in the gaff and Killing Them! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
A coin guy is someone who will try to classic palm every small object he/she first get on hand with.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

What!!! No backpalm! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
rutabaga
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Canada
1283 Posts

Profile of rutabaga
A coin guy is someone who will only classic palm coins... Smile
lorenwade
View Profile
Special user
869 Posts

Profile of lorenwade
You know you're a coin guy if you pop a cold one and palm the cap.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

I think a coin guy is someone who knows all the palms. And uses the right one for the right trick!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
If you leave your wallet at home three times, but never your coins, you might be a coin guy.

If, before you get rid of an old recliner, you have to take it apart to search for lost coins, you might be a coin guy.

If you have ever dropped a silver dollar on a tile floor at church, during a service, you might be a coin guy.

If you drive with your knees better than you drive with your hands, because you haven't actually driven with you hand in years since they are always busy doing something with coins, you might be a coin guy.

If, when someone asks to borrow a quarter, you search through a pocket of full of ten Morgan dollars, four chinese coin, dollar sized washer and a coin purse full of gaffs and have to apologize for not having a quarter, you might be a coin guy.

If your small children want to buy you coins for Christmas, you might be a coin guy.

If you spend hours searching for lost coins before trading a car in, you might be a coin guy.

If your number one criteria for choosing a pair of pants is the quality of the pockets, you might be a coin guy.
Wes
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
You're a coin guy if you won't leave the house without $4.50 in change, and it's worth $60.

Scott.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

If you set in a starbuck's Working out a new coin rouine without coins but just mimeing it you mite be a coin guy! ( And Yes I have done this Smile )
:
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
You know you are a coin guy when magicians refer to you as one.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
You know you're a coin guy...

when you entertain the idea of buying Spanish gold Pieces of Eight, because "they're the same size as your Morgans"...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

You know your a coin guy when someone tells you about a new coin plot, and you go home and work out 8 handleings to fit diffice conditions !
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
You know you're a coin guy when you've lost coins down the bathroom sink.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

You know your a coin guy when you allways cary 10 times the stuff on you that you would ever do! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
streetcoin
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of streetcoin
I am not a coin guy but I think somebody is one when you give them some coins and they can start to amaze.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » You're A Coin Guy When... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL