The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scorched by Nopera Whitley (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Hi guys,
Just had a heads up from World Magic Shop on this beauty:
http://www.worldmagicstore.com/product_i......_id=6018
Looks great to me, just wondered what your first impressions are?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk6VfO1HZ......embedded
Think I'll be pre ordering anyway, so I'll be back with a review as and when......
Bugger! I said I wouldn't buy anything else after Blackpool for a while!
Matt
2010multimagic
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of 2010multimagic
Think I'm going to pre order too.. looks nice.. haha I said the same bout not buyin after blackpool DOH!!!...
Joe Mauro
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of Joe Mauro
Looks like you use a frixion pen and flash paper. If so, nothing new here.
~Joe
Nico Zottos
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Nico Zottos
I doubt it. A frixion pen disappears with heat, not appears.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hey there Gang, this is David Leon Producer for Scorched by Nopera Whitley.
Scorched is now available at your favorite dealer worldwide!
I know this place pretty well and I am sure there will be a lot of "fishing around" for the actual method for Scorched. I mean no disrespect to anyone if I don’t answer questions posted. I am sure most of you that actual get this product and use it will be happy with it. If I didn’t think it would be good I wouldn’t produce it. Please don’t reveal the secrets on an open forum like this, it isn’t nice or ethical.
I can tell you that when you hand the card to your spectator their card is actually burnt into the other card, sometimes it may be burned clean thru to the other side (that is actually ideal too). this is not something that is printed on the card.
The only thing that may be hazardous is the “special” paper you need for the basic Scorched routine; there are other routines that do not require this “special” paper. No hazardous chemicals used. Oh ya, there are no magnets or thread used either!
The routines are simple and with no complicated sleight of hand or fancy moves needed. This would be good from beginners on up to pro workers.
Thanks for your support.
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
We have these in stock, you can buy it at your favorite magic shop world wide! They are selling quickly.
streetmagic collin
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of streetmagic collin
I just bought Scorched. I really wanted to like this as I love burn effects, but it is the most disappointing effect I've bought in a long time. Obviously I don't want to reveal the method, but actually there isn't one in my opinion. There is no clever method and even the routining could be far more inventive. 10 years ago Scorched would have been an idea which would have taken up a page or two in a magic book amongst lots of other really good effects, it is certainly not worthy of a single release, especially for what it cost.

I feel robbed of £20.
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1515 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
That fact that you have to go a buy the necessary extra, and the entire method made me feel robbed too
onto ebay then!
streetmagic collin
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of streetmagic collin
I'm with you on that Matt.Ebay it is. Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
The necessary extra, if it's what I think it is, and what it appears to be in the video, (a common item for magicians, especially those into flash effects) I have a good supply of it ready to use.

Now on the other hand, if it's something unusual, then I don't want to spend extra money beyond the price of the effect. So not knowing exactly what that necessary extra is, I'm holding back on purchasing this item until I can get more information.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hey there Café' Crew, thanks for your interest in Scorched by Nopera Whitley. The question about the something extra that is needed to help make your gimmicks is available just about anywhere and mine cost $6 at a craft store. Other then this there is just the special paper needed (all of this is stated in the ad copy) It is a good effect and I have performed it on the street with real people. There is a bonus routine that does not require this special paper and it is pretty good too. So, there are a couple effects on this DVD and many routine options. I know there are some great magic minds out there that can come up with other routine options. But, whether you like it or not or if it is for you or not I want to thank you for your support.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You need to purchase the f***h paper extra, too? Plus another something special? So all in all, after you purchase the effect, how much approximately are we going to have to shell out in order to be able to perform the effect?

And # 2 burning question, since you guys knew that this extra stuff is essential to do the effect, why didn't you include it in the purchase and save everyone the hassle? (And gas money of running around trying to find necessary items.)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Great Question Daffydoug. We did look into this. the cost would have had to be added to the cost of the effect, plus a little more in shipping (so either way you would be paying for it). Shipping the FP is a hazmat issue and very restrictive for world wide shipping. A lot of people will all ready have these items (they are pretty common) and if not they are easy and cheep to get. The ad copy states "*some routines require f---h paper that is not included.
Basic tools are required to make the Scorched gimmick and should be available anywhere and not cost much either!"
So, for those that have purchased this should have known these before hand? If you like the idea of the effect of a selected card being burnt into antother card this is a great routine and easy way to do it. For Heart burn we do include some Gimmick cards and teach how to do smoke from fingers.
D-Maz
View Profile
New user
Canada
14 Posts

Profile of D-Maz
Looks good to me. Are these available at shops in Canada?
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hey D-Maz, there are shops in Canada that should be able to get it. Just asked them. It is being distributed by the largest Magic Distributor so this will be available in Magic shops all over the world.
thanks for your intrest.
vinnymac
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of vinnymac
Hey D-Maz, I live in Vancouver and I have seen this at the "Clownin' Around" Magic Shop in Vancouver, so it should be available at other Magic Shops in Canada too.
I also wanted to say that David Leon is a top notch guy who is very smart, friendly and honest. In all my dealings with him I have always been very happy.
Although I do not have this particular effect, I do have other effects from David (e.g. "Intuition") and I have not been disappointed with them, so I am sure that this will also get great reactions when performed well, as shown in the demo video.
David Leon
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of David Leon
Hello there everyone, it has been a while...just a heads up. Scorched is now available (been discontinued for a while) in a "Lite" version at Penguin Magic at a really great price. http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5245
(lite version just means I am not including the pre-made gimmick cards used in the bonus routine. the dvd shows how to make them if you want to do it. again it is just the bonus part and a lot cheaper now)

Go get em! awesome pricing on it! only $5.99 and in stock.
thanks for your support.
David Leon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scorched by Nopera Whitley (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL