The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Tricks with the human body (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Ollie
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Ollie
Luke Jermay has a moving palm effect, I think its taught in coral fang.
TomasKancyper
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of TomasKancyper
Stigmata is an incredible easy and amazing body magic trick
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2011, MagicJim wrote:
Another fun trick that is impossible for someone to do is
a) look up at the sky
b) close your eyes!
c) stand on one leg
d) for 15 seconds
no hopping allowed!

Let me know how you did! Keep your head looking up the whole time. there is some good science behind all of this!
I have never met a person that could do this. This a fun warm-up for the audience, just like the previous stunt.

I did it. I wobbled quite a bit, but never hopped.
Reality is a real killjoy.
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
351 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2010, funsway wrote:
There is a book "Tricks with Your Head" by Mac King and Mark Levy

most of the tricks and stunts are gross or stupid, but a couple have promsie

I got a copy of this book for my son. He thinks it's hilarious! He has zero interest in magic, but he's well on his way to "Class Clown" status, thanks in great part to this book.
MJE
View Profile
Veteran user
After all these years,I STILL have only
351 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Oct 8, 2010, Chris Henderson wrote:
Does the old ashes on the arm effect count?

Where do you find ashes these days? Too bad, in a way. It was a cool effect. Then again, so was the milk pitcher. And color changing 45 RPM records.
Shurikenstorm5
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
75 Posts

Profile of Shurikenstorm5
I feel stupid saying this but I know a kid who used to make it appear like he was breaking his fingers, dynamo does this so maybe it isn't as cheesy as I think it is. I personally wouldn't do it.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of mndude
There's a trick where any woman can pick up a chair off the ground, but any man cannot.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
How about Nicholas Lawrence On/Off as well? This is visually amazing. There is Nefeche's Hug which only a certain body type can perform. You have to be pretty skinny and flexible (almost double jointed) to perform this. There is no way I can; I am shaped like a NFL linebacker.

Also, there is the effect where the magician lifts both hands out to the audience with the thumbs down towards the floor, criss-crosses his/her hands and then clasp. Yet somehow, some way, the magician is able to miraculously rotate both clasped hands wand end up with the thumbs in the thumbs up position. Everyone else hands who is following your lead are tangled as they cannot rotate their hands at all. This is wonderful piece of astonishment and I remember a few years ago performing at a Christmas party with 100 people's looks of puzzlement/gasp. A great piece of body magic that I perform for audiences of kids and adults when the mood strikes me.
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, TomasKancyper wrote:
Stigmata is an incredible easy and amazing body magic trick

You're right. My skin is too dark for any writing to appear though . I talked to Wayne Houchin about this at a lecture years ago; he didn't have a solution. Unfortunately, I don't either. SO, unfortunately, this miracle is not available for me to perform. Smile
Jacob3
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jacob3
One of Justin Miller Bold Project has an effect called Bloodlink and surprisingly it has really good reactions.
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Pulse Rate by Matt Mello.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
Elliot Nicklas
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Elliot Nicklas
I do pulse stop effect by wayne
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hello Elliot!

Whoever "wayne" is, it aint HIS trick.

I did it when I was a teenager in the '40s, and, it was old, then.

The most dramatic presentation that I ever saw, was by "Mr. Fingers" (Irv Weiner) in his college program in the '70s.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Quote:
On Dec 20, 2015, Dick Oslund wrote:
Hello Elliot!

Whoever "wayne" is, it aint HIS trick.

I did it when I was a teenager in the '40s, and, it was old, then.

The most dramatic presentation that I ever saw, was by "Mr. Fingers" (Irv Weiner) in his college program in the '70s.

Dick,

I think what Eliot is talking about is Control by Wayne Houchin, his take and touches on seemingly halting one's pulse. I agree that it has been around for years and years. I would have love to hear more about Irv Weiner's dramatic presentation and your thoughts.
shg_123
View Profile
New user
Coffey, MO
63 Posts

Profile of shg_123
Finger through cheek!
Chano
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Chano
This has been really enlightening. I'd never heard about Wayne Houchin before now, and now I'm definitely thinking of picking up Control and Stigmata. I think Control would be better suited for a more casual atmosphere or a stage show, and Stigmata looks like it would kill for walk-around work. Again, thanks for putting this in front of me.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6527 Posts

Profile of magicfish
- Breaking your Forearm-

Tricks and Amusements with Coins, Cards, String, Paper and Matches by R.M Abraham
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
How would you like to stop not only your own pulse but also your spectator's pulse, and never worry if anyone thought you die for a brief moment? This is D.O.A. by Morgan Strebler.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
SamChak
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of SamChak
How about balloon-swallowing?

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

~ Albert Einstein ~
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
Pinky Thing by Nick Locapo- Vanishing Pinky. It is a effect of 2016.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Tricks with the human body (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL