The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Unseen Vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
ziggystarsane
View Profile
New user
Melbourne - Australia
92 Posts

Profile of ziggystarsane
Quote:
On 2010-03-29 16:38, KirkG wrote:
I am not sure what you guys are seeing. It seems to be the Roth RV move. He is holding it up high, probably to get it into the video frame, but otherwise it is well done. He does have minimum finger movement and that is what we all strive for.

This move is neither well done or close to David Roths RV move - and as for "minimum finger movement"....
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
OK, be more specific. I see an RV where the coin pivots horizontally and rests on the middle finger. The only "big" tell is the vanishing of the middle finger tip. There is no "knuckle pop" which is the typical mistake and there is no readjustment.

What are you seeing? By the way, I am only talking about the OP and the first youtube link.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oX-0MuOknM

Although I did not like the "Unseen Vanish" myself, but I was inspired to be as motionless as possible.

So here's my take of the Motionless'ish Vanish, just for giggles Smile
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
Looks like a nice job to me, but also looks like a video cut, so perhaps that is the biggest compliment. Smile
Will-Ace
View Profile
Regular user
Newark NJ
170 Posts

Profile of Will-Ace
Mickey Silver's is still a Retention Vanish,
I don't see anything special with it. It's his timing that makes it look good to magicians.

It's been written in many different places how to accopmlish a retention vanish without seeing finger movement. In Downs' Book and Bobo's for example.
Flyswatter
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Flyswatter
Quote:
On 2010-03-31 12:59, KirkG wrote:
Looks like a nice job to me, but also looks like a video cut, so perhaps that is the biggest compliment. Smile

Haha thank you, no video cut, so I will take that as the biggest compliment Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If you get the item and watch ... it's more of a catch than sleight - he's not using Al's Snapback sleight.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Double J
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of Double J
Quote:
On 2010-03-30 19:29, Flyswatter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oX-0MuOknM

Although I did not like the "Unseen Vanish" myself, but I was inspired to be as motionless as possible.

So here's my take of the Motionless'ish Vanish, just for giggles Smile

A little pitchy for me dawg, just didn't work... But I like the outfit.
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
It's not bad its different with ring and the earing.The video was produced
well.
PAUL K
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
547 Posts

Profile of PAUL K
When he prentended to take the first earing off the second was covered by his
two fingers.But it was done well.I think you need long Hair for this trick!
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
Mmmm I don't think I would really perform this... I do believe it needs some motion so it can have a more natural look to it. I kinda like the idea with the earring and the ring though.
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I don't get how it "takes you vanish to the next level." It might be fine as part of a routine, but not as just a coin vanish. And what is the "motionless" part?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Unseen Vanish (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL