The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Anyone Using A Indian Ringneck Parrot? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone uses an indian ringneck parrot in their act. I would love to see a video. Is there any complications (other than the usual with medium to large birds)?
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Hello Ryan! I've not performed with Indian RingNecks but I've handled and trained one before for a friend. They, like most parrots have a personality of their own. I felt that working with an indian ringneck was very similar to working with a cockatiel. They can be loud but I think its no BIG challenge! Their beaks can be strong... so do be aware what kinda load you are placing the bird in. GOOD LUCK~
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I have been looking around and I am not sure if I will be getting an Indian or an Alexandrine. I am currently looking for a Canadian breeder of the Alexandrine that has babies on hand.

The Alexandrine is a little bit larger so it would be a more impressive load, but it doesn't come in as many cool colours. Of course I understand the time that will need to be spent with either of the birds.

Anyone else have any experience with either of these types of Ringneck parrots/parakeets?
paradize
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
398 Posts

Profile of paradize
I have breed Ringnecks before and have used them for loads before.
Ringnecks stay quiet and calm if they are in a new environment, especially dark areas. They will be a good bird for loads.

Now the most important part is :
They are very very very much an attentive seeker. If you dun mix them with other birds from young and keep them only to human touch, then you must play with them daily or be prepared for feather plucking cos now I have 1 with me BALD.....
Magic is the residue of pre-design fantasies.
Come into my Fantasy www.chandranmagic.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Thanks paradize,

Since posting I have found a breeder of an Alexandrine and I have a male on hold. Have you used an Alexandrine or an Indian?

I don't mind playing with the bird every day as I do want it to be as tame as possible. Does anyone know if the Dave Womach return flight program will work with the Alexandrine? (i have sent dave a pm and birdtricks.com a email but no response with Dave being on tour)

If anyone else has experience with an Alexandrine I would be grateful to hear it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Anyone Using A Indian Ringneck Parrot? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL