The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Great Book For Your Library (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rod Pringle
View Profile
Special user
543 Posts

Profile of Rod Pringle
Hey Folks!

I just received my copy of SCARY DARK RIDES By Doug Higley. It was like being right there on the rides, once I started reading , I couldn't put the book down until I finished it. I highly recommend this book in every way! Thanks Doug, for letting me return again to my boyhood days of the 50's and the wonderful rides of the good old days. The first one I can recall , was the GHOST SHIP.and one called THE BARN..later DER SPOOKEN KASTLE GREAT STUFF!

Thanks for the ride Doug!

Rod Pringle
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You're most welcome, glad you enjoyed it. It's about the rides but also about the chemistry of entertainment in the dark and the Midways and Theme parks and of course a personal recollection. It is NOT a list of rides or a How-To...it's a
'Why-To". Smile

Folks always tell me, 'You ought write a book." Well...This is the way I decided to write it.

D
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Doug, How does one order one?......
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
http://spookybook.com
click on cover Smile
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
Thanks for reminding me. I've been wanting one of those.

Will you personalize the signature? Take liberty but remember my books are all my kid is gonna inherit.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I am always 'Family' oriented. (7 grandkids and 2 great grandkids ;-) )
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I just received mine and a special extra gift I was not expecting. It is now sitting on my desk. The extra thing not the book. The book is on the coffee table until I'm done reading it and then it goes in the library.

Thanks Doug. I look forward to reading it.

Regards,

Ted
Kevin Gerrone
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of Kevin Gerrone
Yes I agree this is a great book! I have read it twice and wish I had time to read it again as we speak!!!!
Doctor Mythsonian
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Doctor Mythsonian
Took this book on vacation with me... always a bad idea, as I never get time to read on vacations... read it cover to cover in one sitting. Highly recommended reading for anyone interested in a heartfelt tome about the bygone days of coolness.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Great Book For Your Library (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL